Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:10 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default New Zeland Cruise

we are thinking of taking a cruise for our honeymoon March 2003 from Aukland New Zeland to Hawaii. If we book our airfare through RCI, does anyone know how early they would fly us out to make the ship that leaves on a Sunday?? We are flying from the NY area and it is important due to wedding plans.
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:30 AM
John F

Default Re: New Zealand Cruise

Hi Mark: We are on the Legend of the Seas (03/31/02) cruise. I am in the process of sending in our deviation flight plans through RCCL for the cruise next year. We are trying to do almost all direct flights except one. We are going out a day early to Auckland to rest up from the air travel before boarding the ship on the 31st. We have been on the Legend (04/99-Panama Canal) before and it's a great ship. E-mail me if you have any questions. Happy Sailing. John & Priscilla
Old August 1st, 2001, 11:37 AM
First Mate

Thanks for the info.....we are planning the wedding reception and are wondering if we left saturday night from NY would we make it in time to board the ship Sunday evening New Zeland time. Any info would be greatly appreciated....worst case scenario we would have the wedding the previous weekend.
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:04 PM
John F

Mark: You gain two days when you travel from LA to Auckalnd!!! So, for an example we are going to leave Thurs. Mar. 28th out of Tampa to LA and then LA to Auckland. When we arrive in Auckland it will be Sat. Mar.30th. As I said early then we will rest a day in Auckland before boarding the ship on Sun.31st. You had better regroup on your plans if you want to leave on Sun. John & Priscilla
Old August 1st, 2001, 03:45 PM
First Mate

I knew you crossed the date line, just wasn't 100% sure how it worked.....looks like we'll have to book the wedding for the weekend before, and maybe leave NY on Friday to make it to the ship for Sunday. Thanks a million for your help!!!
Old August 1st, 2001, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

My parents are taking the Sydney to Auckland cruise this November on the Regal Princess. They are wondering what to do for shore excursions. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old August 1st, 2001, 05:30 PM
John F

Mark: Hope you guys wedding turns out ok. Let me know how your flight plans turn out with RCCL. Keep in touch with any new information. Happy sailing. John & Priscilla
Old August 1st, 2001, 05:33 PM
John F

Heather: I am sorry that I don't have any info for you on that cruise. It's the first time that I have been to New Zealand. Hope your parents have a great cruise.

John F
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: New Zeland Cruise

Best Wishes, Mark! We will be on the March 3, 2002, sailing out of Auckland, New Zealand, and plan to leave Atlanta Thursday evening to arrive in Auckland on Saturday morning, also one day early.

By the way, we know a couple who married one weekend, spent two nights in a local, upper class hotel, went home, worked and sorted gifts and packed and THEN went on their honeymoon cruise the following weekend. They were much more rested for the trip.

Make your plans, ASAP! Our cruise is almost completely sold out!

Beth
Old August 2nd, 2001, 08:32 AM
First Mate

Default Re: New Zeland Cruise

Beth:

Thanks for your help, we'll probably book the cruise in the spring of 2002, which should give us plenty of time. We just were unsure about how early we had to leave to make it on time to the ship. It sounds more logical to have the wedding on a Sunday, then start the honeymoon the following weekend. Thanks for all your input, we really appreciate it!
Old August 4th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi John F: We are booked on the Legend of the Seas (2/3/02) and have air through RCI. The only hang up is that it is not from our hometown, Buffalo, but out of JFK. The flight was priced so reasonable but we worry about our connecting on our own from Buffalo because of January weather. Exactly what is air deviation? Could RCI get us from Buffalo by just adding on the price of a ticket to NYC plus the deviation charge or do we pay the going rate to New Zealand. Our TA keeps putting us off and RCI isn't any help either.

We have a 2 day precruise deal in Auckland. We thought maybe we could stay overnite at a JFK hotel if we could find a good deal with airport transportation to be sure that we make our RCI flight.

Any help will be welcome.