Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default Legend of the Seas-Sept. 4 sailing

Anyone going on the Legend Sept. 4th for the London to Barcelona cruise? This will be our first time on the Royal Carib. line. We have always chosen our trips based mainly on the ports of call and have ended up on 9 different cruise lines. While we do now have our favorites, we are still trying different lines. Hope to meet some new friends on this trip, the agenda sounds great.

Happy cruising.
Robb
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Jean Stacy

Default Re: Legend of the Seas-Sept. 4 sailing

Hi Robb! My husband, Mark, and I are sailing w/ you. We've never been on a cruise (other than the Big Red Boat w/ our young son many years ago) so we are looking forward to this. Where are you from? Who is going w/ you? Looking forward to hearing from you, jean
Old August 6th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Ardie

Have fun on the Legend. We will not be sailing with you, but we will be sailing on the Legend in February 2002. We will be traveling from Sydney to Aucklund.
Hope you love here. Keep in touch. Also, HAVE FUN...
Old August 7th, 2001, 11:57 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

My husband and I are also booked on the Legend of the Seas for the Sept 4 sailing...We're flying out of San Francisco...This will be our 1st cruise on Royal Caribbean, our 7th total...We, too, have chosen cruises because of the ports of call...Never been to Europe though...Looking forward to seeing this part of the World...See you on board! Jan
Old August 10th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Josie

Robb: My sisters and I are sailing September 4th on the Legend. Where are you flying from? I am coming out of DC and my sisters out of JFK, NY. This is our second voyage on the Legend, having sailed Barcelona-Barcelona last October.

My sisters and I are what some might consider "chronologically challenged" however, we felt the Legend acceptable to all ages (although I can't speak for teenagers or young adults). In my opinion, the Legend rates right up there with the rest; however, I have never been on the newer, larger ships so I can't compare. The Windjammer breakfasts and lunches were OK+, although the french toast and waffles were sometimes cold. I stuck to the omelets or fruit and cereal. The dining room meals were quite good; however, I am not a gourmet chef or connoisseur of fine dining, so its hard for me to judge. I feel that it is hard to rate a cruise because everyone's expectations vary so much.

Have you booked any of the shore excursions yet? I may book a couple ahead of time just to avoid the last minute crowds and disappointment if an excursion is sold out -- which sometimes happens.

Keep in touch and happy sailing!!

Josie
Old August 12th, 2001, 11:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

Josie, as you kow, my husband and I will be on the Legend sailing on 9/4/01 too...We've booked a few shore excursions online already to avoid the lines and possibility of being sold out...Haven't done this before (online, that is), always waited til we got onboard, so hope it works out...My husband has also ordered a tux online 'cause we don't want to have to carry it from home...Never done this either...Any tips on packing "light"? We're coming from the wine country in California...Looking forward to having a wonderful vacation...Hope to hear back from you... Jan
Old August 24th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

I and my wife (Jo Anne) will be sailing on the Sept 4 Legend.

We are from Annapolis, Md. and will be arriving in London on the 3rd, taking the train to Harwich, and spending the night at the Pier Hotel.

We will be winging the ports on our own but are renting a car in France which will is relatively inexpensive ($45/day, I think with EuroCar).

Hope to meet you folks.

Don
Old August 24th, 2001, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Don and Jo, I think you may have gotten a message from one of the others with whom I have been corresponding concerning this cruise. They all sound like a fun bunch. We are planning on meeting on Deck 10 near the Observation area at 4:30 the day that we sail from Harwich. Sure hope you can join us there. Except for these messages we do not know each other. We are attempting to come up with something to carrry or wear so we will know who is part of the "J-Team". Just a term that I came up with when I notices how many of these people had names that start with "J". It will be nice to know someone (sort of know them) before we start the cruise. I feel that is one of the nice things about cruises-getting to meet new people from all over. As soon as we come up with this little identifying 'gimmick' I will forward it on. There should be about 10-12 of us in the J-Team group.

Later, Robb and Tony
Old August 25th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Josie - we're on board with you! It sounds like we might be on the plane with you too. We're leaving out of DC on United #2 at 7:45pm. See you soon!
Old August 25th, 2001, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Don, my husband (Charley) and I will be sailing with you too. We live in Potomac, MD, not too far from you. Looking forward to meeting you on-board.
Old August 27th, 2001, 09:09 AM
Josie

Jeanne: Flying out of Dulles on British Air 222. I arrive around 8:20 am on Tuesday the 4th. Still trying to figure out an identification scheme. I tried to design (with no artistic ability at all) a name tag that had "J Team" on it, with my name below. Not very original but it's a thought. I came up with lame brained idea thinking of informal meetings/gatherings/reunions. They could be pin on, stick on, or whatever. Think it's worth suggesting to the rest of the group?
Old August 27th, 2001, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Attention all you "J" team folks. I have made a sign so we can all locate each other on Deck 10 on the 4th at 4:30. Just look for a sign with a large "J" and a lot of colorful ribbons hanging down. Really looking forward to meeting all you guys (and gals).

Robb and Tony
Old August 27th, 2001, 04:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Josie, I imagine by now you've read about the sign with colorful ribbons that says J-Team on it, designed by Robb and Tony. You had some great ideas, but now you can just look for the sign on Deck 10 at 4:30!!!

If you are taking the Royal Carib. transportation to the ship, we'll see you on the bus. Since we arrive at 7:30, I'm sure we'll we waiting around for other flights before the bus leaves for the ship. If you are doing your own transportation then we look forward to seeing you at the J-Team event!!!!

Jeanne and Charley
Old August 27th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Josie

Jeanne: I am taking the RCCL transfers. I imagine there will be quite a few buses transporting us. I am just hoping to meet up with my sisters so that we are on the same bus. They arrive from NY around 8 pm on British Air but I believe they arrive at terminal 7 and I arrive at terminal 4. I'll just be looking for that Royal Caribbean sign and take it from there.

Look forward to meeting you.

Josie.
Old August 29th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Josie

OK everyone. This is really sounding like a plan that is coming together. I'm really getting excited about meeting all of you. Just want to make sure I know all the names in the group:

Robb & Tony
Jan & Mike
Jean & Mark
Jeanne & Charley
Don & Jo Anne
Josie, Angie & Mary

Have I missed anyone? Not sure I have Don's email correct. If you think its wrong, please pass this message on to him and Jo Anne. Also, Jeanne & Charley's message was on the RCCL site, so I'm not sure that she actually has an email address. I will copy this as a reply to her on RCCL.

Hope everyone has a good flight. See everyone on the 4th.

Josie
Old September 19th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Passenger

Hey guys,

Sure enjoyed meeting you all. Will send a more personal message to each of you later. I am glad it all worked out. Hope the remainder of your trip was OK and we hope that you made it home safely.

Robb and Tony