Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2001, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Default Engine Noise?..

We are planning our 2nd cruise...this time on Royal Caribbean....Radiance of the Sea. Its been 12 years since our last cruise and it was the cruise to Hell on Carnival. We have been quoted cabins in the "Q" class located on the 2nd deck and "N" class located on decks 3 and 4. Here's my question... Are the "Q" cabins really all that bad??? and Do you hear engine noise in those rooms since they are at the bottom of the ship? Our travel agent quoted a $1,000 difference (total for 3 people) between the "Q" class and "N" class. If there isn't that much difference I'd rather spend the $1,000 dollars on Fun and Shopping...but I'd sure like to make sure I can sleep at night too and won't be hearing loud engine noise.
Thanks so much... DB
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2001, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Engine Noise?..

You won't hear engine noise, believe me. We have cruised on Royal, but not this ship, four times. We have been on the 2nd and 3rd deck every time. We have been toward the front and the back and we never, ever heard engine noise. We did hear the anchor being wrenched down once when we arrived at one destination, other than that, we didn't even hear our neighbors. Avoid being near the stairs/elevator areas and the front (anchor). We stayed in inside cabins, as cheap as we could get. They were dark as dark could be and as quiet as could be. We have never complained about our rooms on Royal. I agree with you, stay as cheap as you can and use your money for other stuff.
Old August 24th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Ceddie

Default Re: Engine Noise?..

The Radiance has gas turbine engines that are much quieter than diesel engines so there should be very little noise

Ceddie