Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:51 AM
Poocher

Default cabin 4108 ok?

Ok all Nordic Empress veterans, this is our home away from home to Bermuda. Tried to keep everyone's advice in mind, looks like the shore excursion desk above us and cabins below, got my window
and sort of in the middle of the ship. Have I done right?

Pooch the reluctant but going anyway cruiser
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 06:48 AM
Mike Lari

Default Re: cabin 4108 ok?

Hi Poocher,

Just a quick note to let you know that you have a great room... no, it isn't the top of the ship and no balcony but it will do the trick. The Nordic Empress was our 1st cruise and we have some of the fondest memories of all the cruises we have been on. We sailed on her in 1996 when it was going to the Bahama's so I can't help you with Bermuda since we have never been there. Our stateroom was 4004, at the front of the ship. We were right below the drum set where band was in the theater above, and must have been closed to the ships anchor... we didn't care, it was our 1st and we didn't know any better.

If this is your first, I am sure that you will enjoy it as much as we did.

FYI, I have a website of all our cruises since then and you may find something that interests you.

(right click on the link below and open in new window)

<http://www.qwikfyx.com>

Once there, click on the 'Cruises and Travel' item on the menu and you can pick the cruises or ship pages from there.

Since the Nordic Empress was our first cruise, we didn't have any digital equipment... just a video camera and my wife used a 35mm camera. So, the pictures of on that cruise are limited.

Anyway, hope this helps...

Mike

p.s., When is your sail date?

Also, I am sure, after all these years, the Steel Drum band that we saw on that ship is no longer there but they were the best I have seen. None of the bands I have seen since have been as good as them... they were called 'The Caribbean Four'... let me know if they are still onboard!
Thx!
Old August 29th, 2001, 10:36 AM
poocher

Default Re: cabin 4108 ok?

Hi Mike,

We're not sailing until 5/12/02. Had to book very early because we needed a quad and they're hard to come by or so I'm told. Love to write trip reports so be looking when I get back!!

Pooch the reluctant but going anyway cruiser