Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RCC vs Carnival

I am looking for a cruise that my wife and I can go on for our 25th anniversary (1st timers). I have quotes on RCC's 4day Bahama on Majesty and Carnival's Western Carrib on Fasicnation. Both about the same price. Which is better? Both relatively the same cabins but RCC's looks small compared to Carnival's. Like idea of Bahama's better than Cozumel. Is there anybody out there that can help me? Looking at dates of 12/17 to 12/21/01. Has anybody taken either? or both?
Thanks!
mjs
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2001, 08:47 AM
Shari

Default Re: RCC vs Carnival

Dear Michael,
Congrats on your 25th Anniversary!. I hope I can help you out .I have sailed on RCI, 3 times (Soveriegn,Majesty & Explorer). RCI is far superior to Carnival,but it depends on what you like. Carnival is a "fun ship" lots of partying all day & night.Alot of young party,drinking people,mediocre food. RCI is such a step above.Great food,entertainment,staff. Its classier! What a way to wow,your wife,esp. if you got the same quote! Majesty's rooms are small,but how long are you in the room anyway.( they are bigger on Explorer). I say go with RCI, you'll have a great time! Good Luck!
Old August 28th, 2001, 11:55 AM
baseball

Look @ Holland...Much ,Much ,Much Better...
Old August 28th, 2001, 12:45 PM
Passenger

I haven't been on a Carnival ship in seven years, don't know if they have changed, but I did not find the ship that I was on to be a party boat, and the food was excellent. Was on Majesty of the Seas last month, for the three day cruise to the Bahamas. I found the crowd there to be very young. I think it's because it's a short cruise. I would vote for Cozumel over the Bahamas- my favorite line is Celebrity.
Old August 28th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Lorraine Sadler

My favorite is Holland America (4 cruises); however, I've been on RCL (5 cruises) and 1 Carnival--Royal Caribbean over Carnival, no contest!elise wrote:
>
> I haven't been on a Carnival ship in seven years, don't know
> if they have changed, but I did not find the ship that I was
> on to be a party boat, and the food was excellent. Was on
> Majesty of the Seas last month, for the three day cruise to
> the Bahamas. I found the crowd there to be very young. I
> think it's because it's a short cruise. I would vote for
> Cozumel over the Bahamas- my favorite line is Celebrity.
Old August 28th, 2001, 02:49 PM
First Mate

Royal Caribbean all the way!
Old August 28th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Robocop

Michael,
First congratulations on the anniversary! This is a sticky question and can really only be answered in generalities. CCL has much bigger cabins and the ship IMHO is better laid out. RCI's decor is more classy, again, all this is my opinion only. Carnival's food is better but RCI's service is better. CCL is more fun and in MY experiance has less drunks and rude people! The shorter the cruise, the younger the crowd and the more inclined to partying they are. Bahamas is a prime destination for those looking to book a ship for a wild party style cruise. Carnival has cleaned up it's act over the last 7 years and is very gtood about having folks behave themselves. I like the entertainment better on CCL. I also love Cozumel and actually rather dislike the Bahamas. Whichever you decide, it if for you and your tastes and if you go with the "what the hell, lets enjoy ourselves" attitude then you will do just that and love it.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Michael,
Your best bet is RCI. Let me tell you about our nightmare cruise on Carnival's Fascination this past June. First I found the only good thing I can say is that the rooms are bigger on Carnival.Our room was HOT the whole cruise, no explination was given.We found out much later that the ship left dry dock with some parts missing from the air conditioning unit that controlled several of the rooms. We sweated the whole time we were in our room as well as several in our group even after a cold shower. The food was NOT good except for the first night. There was old food and huge dust bunnies under the table the whole week. And the service in the dining rooms was really bad. We had to keep asking for tea at dinner, the assistant was more interested in selling booze to one of the diners instead of taking care of the rest of the table. Finally the gentleman would not give him his wine order till he got us our tea. There was empty beer bottles and cans left on the deck after 11PM. It was stated by the cruise director that our cruise drank more alcohol then their new year's eve cruise. We have always had the best service with Royal Caribbean. Most of the food we had was great. This is the cruise line my husband took me on our 25th (Monarch of the Seas/ also our first cruise) and we were hooked. We did recieve a letter of apology from Carnival and a 10% discount on a future cruise before we left the ship, but even that is not enough to entice me to sail with them again. I think you will like RCI, (they have since fixed the problem on the Fascination so I am told) at any rate I offer my Congrats, and wish you a happy voyage no matter who you chose.
Mary Martin mmarti18@hotmail.com
Old September 3rd, 2001, 09:10 PM
carpooler

What exactly do you not like about the Bahamas?