Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Mystery!!!

Default Marriage Proposal

I am planning on proposing to my Dearing on my upcoming cruise on the Voyager. Since this is also our first cruise, can someone suggest certain times or during which activities which this might be possible, either public or private!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 04:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Marriage Proposal

you can have roses in the room when you board, with a card, private. You can ask the Maitre'd (spelling is off today) to assist you in the dining room, with perhaps a cake with card, very public. If you have a balcony room, you can wake up your darling for a sunrise or whisk them back for a sunset and ask, private, if not, you could scout the ship for that "perfect" spot on the deck, could be private, but possibly public. You could ask while on a shore excursion, (ie sunning, shopping, drinking rum???) You know you could even pop the question in the elevator since most elevators are a very attrative albiet small setting and could be private or public. A ship has the most wonderful possibilities!
Old August 29th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA

My choice for a proposal would be private and it would be on the Helipad at sunset with a bottle of champagne.

Have a wonderful time
Anita
Old August 29th, 2001, 07:15 PM
Texas

You are an awesome man. You should hold a how to propose seminar. You couldn't have picked a more romantic scenario. I like the breakfast on the balcony at sunrise. I loved my balcony and breakfast at sunrise...awesome sight. This will definitely be a never forget memory. The helipad at sunset would be nice as well.

Take some ideas w/ you and when you get there find that special place and special time.
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I did think of something kind of different, definately NOT private, but they do have a TV station going on Voyager/Explorer, possibly have the proposal in there somewhere. Although you'd need some help in setting all that up, but it would be a gas?? Just a thought and I did love all the previous ideas as well. Do let us know how and when you decide to pop the question, OK?

Have a wonderful time, take plenty of pics.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 30th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

How wonderful of you. That would have been awesome if I was proposed to on a cruise. I went on Voyager in July. For something private you could go check out the wedding chapel on deck 15. Then pop the question there. Very nice setting. I'm trying to talk my fiance into getting married here as I'm a cruise addict.

Kelly
Old August 30th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Robocop

Many differant ways you can handle this. You can of course do so at dinner on one of the formal nights, or you can ask while ondeck late at night under the stars sipping champange, or if real brave and sure she will say yes work out something with the staff and CD to have her asked in the middle of some public activity, preferably onstage in front of everybody. Now remember that you need to figure out how she would take something like this and her level of shyness not to mention what is she says "naw, rather not". <> The opportunities are really endless onboard a ship and no matter what, she will remember it.
Jim
Old August 31st, 2001, 09:56 PM
Linda T.

HI,
This might sound dumb But I think it would be great. When your on a cruise the ships photographer takes your picture almost everytime you turn around. They are displayed for sale. You just look around until you find yours and then if you like it you can buy it. Why don't you sneek off and find the photographer, Make a sign that says Will you marry me and hold it while he takes your pic. Then let her find it while your looking for your pictures. Good luck Linda
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Linda,
I think that was the best idea yet, I love it. I can picture that now :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 1st, 2001, 09:36 PM
Fred Derf

You might consider doing it on formal night after the dinner. Rent a tux, perhaps the white jacket with the black pants. Take a walk after dinner on the lifeboat deck or up high on the upper decks.

Pick your spot, the words will come. Have a great life !!!

(Don't drop the ring in the big drink)
Old September 6th, 2001, 10:44 PM
First Mate

Linda w/a T
I love this idea!!! I might just use this method for a very special message to my husband on our next cruise.
Love your imagination!! (SMILE)

Tiffany