Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:52 AM
Passenger

Default radiance excursions?

Ok--I am really curious to know what shore excursions those on Radiance (inside passage-AK) took and how you liked them!!

Also, I know this is a BIG ship, but it is my first cruise and although I'm not prone to motion sickness in general, I did get terribly sick on a ferry crossing from Ireland to France and on a whale watching boat in Kauai. I will take ginger, but I am pretty nervous about being green. =

Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2001, 12:03 PM
kinzbar

Default Re: radiance excursions?

We just got back from the inside package trip. We went through an area of high winds with 10-15 foot waves. My mother in law, who gets seasick took dramamine and felt great. You will feel some motion, but not like a smaller ship.

We did some excursions. I did the helicopter ride to the glacier in Skagway. It was great. My kids and wife did the horseback riding and it was okay. My mother in law did the White Pass Railway and she loved it, even bought the video afterwards.

In Juneau we did the Mendenhall Glacier float trip and loved it.
Even my mother in law at 63 enjoyed it.

In Ketchikan we did the Lumberjack Show. It was good. We talke to many people who went salmon fishing, caught fish, and brought it back to the ship and had it for lunch or dinner. I wish whe had done that.

A word of caution, take warm clothing and a raincoat. We didn't see a lot of sun. Sweaters, fleece, sweatshirts will be needed. Most days were in the 50's, some with rain and/or wind. Ketchikan was the worst but they said it rains about 300 days a year in Ketchikan.

The ship is magnificent. Enjoy!!