Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2001, 03:13 PM
Passenger

Default Crown & Anchor Society Question

A couple of loyal cruisers here who are wondering if anyone has had this problem.....

We have sailed with RCI 9 times now which affords us Platinum status in the Crown & Anchor Society. However, we have never received any communication from RCI regarding our higher status. Each time we have contacted them, they do not have record of our sailings. However, each time we cruise, our status is listed on our cruise cards. And we ALWAYS provide our account numbers to our travel agent! Has anyone had any problems like this? We have contacted them, since our last cruise in May, and they have now gotten all of our cruises accounted for and have promised to send the Platinum level perks package ($100 discount cerificate, etc) but we haven't seen it yet.

I think the cruise lines could take a lesson from the airlines when it comes to these programs! Reward your loyal customers.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2001, 04:57 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Crown & Anchor Society Question

I had the same problem. I have sailed with RCI 5 times which put me in Platinum status. I told my travel agent this because I should have been due a larger amount off for my next cruise which is in December. When my travel agent called RCI, they said that they were not aware of all of my sailings. I had someone from Crown and Anchor call me and they told me that it was up to the passenger to let them know when their status changes. The representative asked me to fax proof of all my sailings and they have updated my information. Now my Crown and Anchor status is updated. I have received the platinum anchor pins and luggage tags. My Crown and Anchor magazine is also updated.
Old August 31st, 2001, 07:47 PM
Midwatch

We completed our 10th cruise in October 2000.We booked our 11th cruise in June 2001.RCI still had us listed as platinium members.I wrote to RCI listing all our cruises by ship, date, and folio number. We kept all our previous boarding passes.. I received confirmation from RCI that they had all cruises recorded except the 1st, which was in April, 85... RCI updated their records and upgraded us to diamond members...
Old August 31st, 2001, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cruiseboys,
I know in the few dealings I've had with Crown & Anchor, they have been extremely slow, took 6 months to get our cards, just in time for the next cruise,
so be patient and be sure to provide them with all the information. Do you ever get their magazine? I sometimes do and sometimes not??

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 2nd, 2001, 06:58 PM
sealady

I have also had the same problem.. I sometimes travel with my husband and sometimes with some of my friends... the best that I can figure out is that I am under my husband's number and only get credited when I travel with him... They need to get their act together and credit cruises as they are taken....or not have a program...I always give my number when making reservations but somehow it disappears...Oh well, has anyone really goten anything really good form them????????
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:10 AM
Beginner

We found the same thing. No updated identifcation cards but it shows up on my folio card. We travel as a family of four and all of us have been on 5 RCL Cruises but none of my kids or wife seem to get credit. It's a status thing for me!!! See you aboard the "Welcome Party"

Song of Norway (83)
S.S. Norway (94)
Rhapsody of the Seas (98)
Majesty of the Seas (99)
Fascination (00)
Exployer of the Seas (01)
Rhapsody of the Seas (02)
Old September 3rd, 2001, 09:11 PM
Passenger

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear it's not just us who have had these problems. Don't get us wrong, we know it's a "freebie" that the cruise lines don't have to provide, BUT if they want to enhance loyalty they should enhance the program!

Bon Voyage
Old September 4th, 2001, 05:02 PM
Passenger

The "powers that be" must have heard us. We received our Platinum level Crown & Anchor Society package today. It's only 5 cruises late! After we sail on Adventure OTS in December, we'll be Diamond members.

Again, thanks everyone.
Old September 4th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cruiseboys,
GUess its better late than never, huh? Lets just hope your diamond membership card arrives on time?? Have a great cruise on Adventure and do let us know how this new ship compares to her sisters, thanks.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 4th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Midwatch

We received our diamond cards today 9/4... Jusin time for our 9/16 cruise....