Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2001, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Virtual Cruise in 2 WEEKS

It's a coolish morning in Cowtown Alberta. Once again I'm the only one awake at the Kuki Estates.

Even the chauffeur, butler and maid are nowhere to be found (not all that surprising since they don't exist) . I'm just preparing my mental attitude for "The Kuki's Leading the Sweet Suite Life" on Explorer 2 WEEKS FROM TODAY!!

Hope U all come to share the Kuki's FIRST EVER experience in an Owner's Suite through my LIVE "Daily Ship's Log" here on CruiseMates.
The fun is going to begin even before we board, with a CruiseMates Bash, Sept.14 at Lombardi's, Bayside MarketPlace.
For those who can't make it in person. Bring a fu fu drink to your computer screens and join in!

I'm beginning to feel the pre cruise butterflies in my stomach. Funny, how I still get those prior to every cruise.... it really must be love

Regards,
Kuki.. who's now going to place a gentle kiss on his cruise docs.
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2001, 02:29 PM
Mike Lari

Default Re: Virtual Cruise in 2 WEEKS

Kuki,

There is no doubt that between the 2 of us, we will provide the world with more exciting information about this ship and all of the fun it can provide. This is going to be a blast and I am getting the pre-cruise butterflys too!

Getting the Owners Suite has got to be the best way to travel on this ship (heck, I'll be your butler just to be able to see the room... hee hee).

The part that is making it so fun is that I have meet so many great people on the Cruisemates RCCL forum and beyond the fabulous ship, it's people who make a cruise like this a true success.

My wife and myself spend several hours last night just working out an informal day-to-day itinerary for this cruise, and I am so glad we did. There are so many things to do on the ship, if you don't take the time to plan it, it is possible that you will miss out on a lot of things. This happened on my first trip... but not this time!

One example... there are ONLY 4 Planet Ice Shows during the cruise and they fall on Monday and Tuesday. Before I started to plan this, I thought that there were shows all week long. We would have missed out on this for sure if we had planned to see the shows later in the week. There is limited seating too! If you don't get tickets early enough, you could miss out that way too!

FYI, the Cruise compasses that I posted on the 1st Explorer site are still valid for basic show times and information. The major difference now are the ports of call, they are in reverse order.

It is too easy to assume that you will have plenty of time to do and see everything... 7 days is not enough time to squeeze everything in without a gameplan.

We are tenatively planning Portofino's for the Second Formal night(Wed. Day 5)... what the heck, since we have to dress up, let's do it right!

Anyway, Kuki... this is going to be a lot of fun and I can't wait to meet in person!

Mike

P.S.... Is there a specific page or link that will be here on your daily journal? If so, let me know and I will post a link to it on my page too!
Old September 2nd, 2001, 03:10 AM
Tjukka

Kuki ,
Iwill be reading your cruise daily from the Vision on the way to Hawaii. Now tell the truth are you going to try all of the Dinning room seating if you do they will roll you off of the ship
Tj
Old September 2nd, 2001, 12:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hi ya TJ..
A Hawaii cruise with U, Leif and the family would be one of the best things I could dream of doing. I'd have likely given up my owner's suite for that meesly CAT C we had on our Alaska cruise with U..

By the way.. for anyone wanting to read it.. here's a link to the Virtual Cruise Report I did last year from Vision of the Seas, cruising with TJ, her Captain Bang, and daughter Kiki.
<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/hum-op/vision-intro.cfm>

Regards,
Kuki
Old September 3rd, 2001, 06:55 PM
Tjukka

Kuki,
I want to see a picture of you rock climbing So that I can show it to Leif and Kiki.
Tj
Old September 4th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Robocop

Tj, if the Mooseman dares to try the wall, I WILL get a photo and post it for everyone to see that Moose CAN climb! <>
Jim
Old September 13th, 2001, 09:17 PM
MaryEBS

Kuki,
You are going to LOVE the owner's suite! We were upgraded from Category C to Cabin 1600 The Martinique Suite on the September 1st sailing. I really enjoyed spending time in this cabin. The balcony was a bit smaller than I expected but the huge picture window in the bedroom more than compensate. My husband loved the 42' Plasma TV but now I have a problem cause he wants one...Of course whenever I suggest he consider booking another Owner's suite for our next cruise he claims to hear only buzzing. Have a wonderful cruise ...by the way...You can have one heck of a party in this room, bet you could get 20 people in, all sitting down! Have the concierge set it up for you!
Enjoy.

Mary