Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2001, 11:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Lost luggage

I just got back from a cruise to Alaska on the Radiance. My suitcase disappeared somewhere between the port and the Vancouver airport. The Royal Caribbean staff at the airport seemed totally disorganized and pretty clueless about tracking procedures, etc. The person who filled out the claim form for me said, "Don't worry -- it will definitely be on the next bus," and so she wrote down next-to-nothing on the form for purposes of identifying the bag. She was wrong -- I waited for the next six or seven buses, and the bag never showed up. From what I've read on the Internet, I get the impression that RC does a pretty lousy job recovering lost luggage. I tried the toll-free number, but no one answered. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might "help" RC find my bag? I will be heartbroken if it's disappeared for good. How long should I wait before I give up and file a claim?

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2001, 05:06 AM
Mike Lari

Default Re: Lost luggage

Hi Melissa,

I real sorry to hear that you lost your luggage. The same think happen to me in Los Angles. The only saving grace with my loss was that it was all dirty laundry. About a week later, I got a call from the person who picked up by accident... the brought it back to RCCL and the shiped to me. It was fortunate that the person lived in L.A. and was able to bring it back.

We did Radiance in April and the SEA/TAC Airport was total kaos, construction, etc.

Were you able to claim your luggage from the ship after you disembarked? Did you actually see the luggage? If not, someone may have picked up yours by accident like they did to me.

As a rule, RCCL will not transfer your luggage to the bus for you... It usually has to be claimed in the terminal building (by the owner) and transported to the bus by you or assisted by a porter(for a tip of course).

I would give it a week or so to see if it surfaces, but file a claim anyway... it is better than doing nothing at all about it!

Take Care,

Mike