Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2001, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Default Explorer - Shore Excursions/Tours

Hello, My wife and I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas on 10/6/01 to the Eastern Caribbean. We are interested in excursions/tours on Nassau and St. Thomas. The ones that we have chosen are as follows: Nassau - Blackbeard's Cay Beach Break and St. Thomas - Kon-Tiki Party Tour. Has anyone out there ever been on either one of these tours and was it worth your while? Would you recommend either of them. Thanks in advance for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old September 3rd, 2001, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Explorer - Shore Excursions/Tours

Hi Steve,
Sorry, I haven't done either of those excersions so can't help with that, but if you find some extra time in Nassau you may want to check out Atlantis on Paradise Island, very impressive property, well worth seeing if you haven't already.

Origionally we signed up for the America's cup regatta in Nassau, but was cancelled due to high winds, so we took the harbor tour and saw Atlantis. Only problem was that the time in Nassau while on Explorer was very short, think we left there at 2, so do plan well and have a wonderful time on Explorer. Oh, yea, and also be sure to catch the ice show, its increadable!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 3rd, 2001, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I have done both of these excursions. We truelly enjoyed Blackbeards Cay in the Bahamas. But what we enjoyed more in St. Thomas was the excursion to St. John. This island has the most beautiful beaches that I've seen any where. In fact one of the beaches there is where they filmed The Blue Lagoon. We also recommend a trip to Magen's Bay, it also is a beautiful Beach(not as beautiful as those on St. Johns in my opinion) When we did this we took a taxi there and back. It cost us $4.00 each there and $4.00 back, but hold onto your hats and prepare yourself for one wild ride. Ask for the King if you decide to take a taxi, he was so funny and told us all about the island. The KonTiki Party boat was fun too, it just depends on what you want to do. I know you will have a blast on the Explorer, we just sailed on her this past March and are going again October 5th of next year.
Happy sailing,
Mary Martin mmarti18@hotmail.com
Old September 3rd, 2001, 08:38 PM
First Mate

Hi Mary, Did you go on two different excursions while docked in St. Thomas. You mentioned that you went on the Kon-Tiki party boat. Does this take you to the beaches of St. John or was that another tour? Thanks for the quick response. Steve.
Old September 4th, 2001, 02:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was on the Exployer in June and went on Kon-Tiki. That was a lot of fun. I would definatly recommend it. Once you get aboard, you sail to a beach for about an hour. It stays there,so you can go back on the raft at any time if you're too fun. On the way there, they drop anchor and open the glass bottom to see the fish and give you food to feed them. On the way back, it's a non-stop party - with the free rum punch flowing. If you want, they also sold shirts and some snacks.