Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2001, 03:51 PM
First Mate

Default Ques. about the Catamaran Cruise to Mourne Coubari

Have you been on the Catamaran Cruise to Mourne Coubaril Estate? How does this compare to the Land and Sea excursion?
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Ques. about the Catamaran Cruise to Mourne Cou

Is this the one on St. Lucia? If so, my mom and I took this one while the other 6 members of our party went over land, all of us eventually ending up near the Pitons.

Our trip consisted of a lovely boat ride (there were so many people signed up, there was a catamaran and a ship) up the coast, with a little trip into one cove and a stop where some people swam. We did not, too rocky, but very clear! We got off the boat at the end and boarded small buses to take us near the steam and sulfuric vents and then to a very nice lunch buffet with some native dishes. We returned to the ship via the small bus along a very curvy road in a one hour trip. Some times they reverse the bus and the boat ride I am told.

My husband and the rest of the group took the overland. That meant they rode in the small bus along the very curvy road BOTH directions. This was a bit much if any of your party has a tendency to car sickness. They had a beautiful and active hike as part of their trip and an opportunity to "bathe" in the sulfer springs. NOTE: This will leave you and everything you have on smelling of sulfur, and it is very gray so all light colored clothing becomes discolored and very hard to get white again. Looking back, although they enjoyed the rest of the hike, they would not "bathe" again. They also had a buffet lunch with some native dishes, then returned to the ship via small bus.

I hope this is helpful. If you would like even more details, e-mail me! :^)

Beth