Is anyone else sailing from Miami this weekend? We are scheduled to sail Monday Sept. 17. Just kinda feel funny about going on vacation. But it has been planned for a few months and we cannot just not go I guess. Anyone else feel this way, or just me. haha.
My heart goes out to those in NY and our nation. Everyone remember to pray for our leaders.
We're supposed to fly to Miami tomorrow and be on the Voyager for Sunday's sailling. My husband just called me and said the travel agent called and said RC will refund (actually go towards another cruise) the money if anyone decides to postpone this trip. So now I'm trying to decide whether or not to go. I know people say to go ahead with plans because otherwise they "win", but I still feel guilty thinking about going on a cruise this weekend and having fun (or trying to anyway) when so many people are suffering here. And on top of that there is a tropical storm/potential hurricane hovering over FL. So now what? Should we put it off because of the weather now too? Sun is my husband and mine 1st anniversary which is why we really wanted to go at this time, even though it is still hurricane season. Decisions decisions! Anyone else changing plans this weekend because of limited flight service and now this bad weather in FL?
I was scheduled to go on the Explorer tomorrow, but my wife and I decided to cancel once we found that RCL was giving credit for a future cruise. We thought about it for a long time. Does anyone honestly think that they could have a good time on a cruise right now?? We will probably go to war in the next day or so and the last place I want to be is in international waters on a ship with 3,000 Americans and Canadians (Kuki). If we do go to war, all US ports will be closed for sure. I would urge you guys to reschedule. We had been planning our cruise for 8 months!!! But we are using common sense and deciding that it is just too risky right now. Also, I would bet that the cruise would only be about 50% full and it just wouldn't feel the same. Take advantage of the credit if you can. The cruise lines do not have to be so generous. Even if you had travel insurance, a war is excluded from the coverage. Sorry if I am so against anyone going, but after two suspected terrorists were arrested after debarking from a Carnival ship in Miami, I feel that we made the right decision. Besides all of this going on, a hurricane is right around Miami and it is pouring out there and probably will for some time.
God bless all of those affected by the recent tragedy.
Me and my daughter were to go out of New York This Sun on a cruise to Bermuda . I have gone back and fourth on the should we go or not question . I have finally deciede no . I feel this is not over and they even strongly suggest on the news as much . I am very nervious about flying and also the possiblity of getting stuck in the middle city as we have to make connection in both directions to get to and from New York . I do not know anyone personally who was killed or hurt in this attack ,But I do not feel I would enjoy this trip that I have been looking forward too since Jan when I made my deposit.When we go on vacation it should be a carefree happy time ,not one where are sad,tense and not sure what will ahppen next . I have no insurance becuase my mind set has always been I am going no matter what . I do hope the airlines and cruise lines will give refund or future credit ,but if not I will will not be angry as this is a situation beyond all of all control and my $2,000.00 is nothing compared to loss so many people are feeling of a loved one .This is just a few of my thoughts and why I am not going to cruise this weekend . I will be curious as to you who do go your thoughts when you get back if you really enjoyed your time or not . God bless and be with us all .
I too was scheduled to go on the Enchantment on Sunday, but cancelled. I just felt that I would rather go at another time, when everyone would be in a better state of mind. I felt much relieved after this decision was made. I hope everyone who has decided to go anyway has a good cruise and who knows, maybe you will get a great cabin upgrade. Ruth
BRIAN I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU BOTH--SORRY YOU WON'T BE SAILING- WE ALMOST CANCELLED OUT TONITE WE ARE COMING FROM ORLANDO ON THE CRUISE CONNECTION BUS AT 6AM TOMORROW MORNING AND I HEAR VIA RCI THAT IT WONT SAIL UNTIL 8 PM--I CALLED RCL A BIT AGO AND THEY SAID THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN CANCEL AND GET A VOUCHER FOR A FUTURE CRUISE ARE THE ONES COMING BY AIR --SO WE WILL BE THERE GOD WILLING--I'M HOPING THAT I WILL PERK UP WHEN I GET ON THE SHIP--AS I HAVE A DATE AT THE PUB ON THE PROMENADE AT ABOUT 4PM TO MEET A FEW CRUISE MATES--IT'S BEEN A ROUGH WEEK FOR US ALL--SO PERHAPES THIS WILL BE GOOD FOR US--I BET THERE WERE LOTS OF CANCELLATIONS--
ALSO--I HEARD ON TV THAT THE TWO SUSPECTS ON THE CARNIVAL WERE HELD AND RELEASED--SEE YOU TOMORROW I HOPE A HOPE--TIL THEN--
Ok, everyone, our Northwest plane is in the air on the way to Atlanta for morning so if it will get us to Seattle, we will be on the Radiance on Monday! We too will hope to have our spirits lifted once we get on board - my husband really needs this break.
Everyone that's sailing, take care! And all of you at home, stay safe and love your families!
Brian I agree with you. We also have postponed our Sept. 16th cruise for the same reasons you have stated.
Why put friends and family members through needless worry for our safety during these already difficult times? Ours were relived to hear that we have postponed our trip.
I also do not wish to be floating in the Atlantic with limited protection.
I like many will not let terrorism run my life, but I will use common sense to protect it.
I can understand how you feel--I read today that the NY harbor is closed and the Nordic Empress?? ships to Bermuda will sail out of Phila--until further notice-- Bermuda is my favorite Island--perfection--I wish there were sailings out of Florida--The rain stopped here in Orlando about five o'clock today so here's hoping we have good weather down to Miami early tomorrow morning to cruise on the Explorer--Will report on it when we return--
Thank everyone for your imput, but I think we are going to go. Since we are not flying anyway, and the 16th was the cut off for RCI voucher, we would lose out money if we do not go. We are driving down from NC. I talked to the travel agent and she was like go. So anyway, pray for our nation, and for all those traveling my God give you safety.
My husband and I had decided to go as well...it is our anniversary on Sun and that is how we wanted to celebrate it. I called Continental Fri afternoon and our flights were on schedule. We finished the packing Fri after work...then I checked Continental's website to see if there were any changes and there were - our flights for Sat had been cancelled. I called them and the "earliest" they could get us into Miami was 6pm on Sun. I know RC pushed back their departure time to 8pm but we felt that was cutting it too close to be able to make it so we've had to postpone our trip. Driving is out of the question for us since we live in NM ;-)
I wish all who are cruising this weekend a safe journey and we wish we could have made it!
We pretty much had the same thing happen. We were supposed to fly out of DFW Saturday morning and midnight Friday we found out the flight was cancelled. The earliest they could get us to Miami was 7pm. Way too close for comfort. We are now trying to the 29th.