Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2001, 12:17 AM
Zoey

Default Explorer port or starboard side?

I sailed on the Explorer this past May with a Cat C on the Starboard side, I felt we had a wonderful view coming into and leaving most ports. Some people are saying portside gives a better view, and I am about to book again for the spring. Any thoughts on this?
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2001, 12:55 AM
Ceddie

Default Re: Explorer port or starboard side?

Zoey I don't know if you know a little bit of trivia or not but here goes.

The work POSH comes from the old days of passenger liners going to India. the best cabins were on the side of the ship that was in the shade, of course this was different each direction you travelled therefore the rich people used to book the best cabins in each direction therefore the term posh was cioned standing for
Port Out Starboard Home.

I guess I am saying it depends which ports you go to and which direction you take to get there.

I don't think this helps you much but you you may find it interesting

Ceddie
Old September 17th, 2001, 11:37 PM
Hugh

In my opnion you have a better view on the starboard side in Miami, Labadee, and San Juan. You have a better view from the port side in Nassau and especially in St. Thomas
Old September 26th, 2001, 11:07 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Great question - I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to be going on Explorer in May to Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Anyone have specific ideas about these ports? Thanks!