Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Switched to Sept.29 sailing! U going??

I was scheduled to be on this weekends Sept15 sailing of the Explorer. Due to the tragic events we've all experienced this week, and my inability to get to Miami, we've now moved to the Sept. 29 sailing.
Transborder flights from Canada are still somewhat questionable, but I'm hoping to be able to leave this coming Thursday, and make it to the port to board the Carnival Triumph Sept 22 for the CruiseMates/John Heald Cruise, then board the Explorer afterwards on the 29th.

We'll hopefully be doing our rescheduled Virtual Cruise Reports beginning on Sept.29 from Explorer.

I believe that one of the things I can do, to do my part in this tragedy, is to get back up and as close to "normal" living as possible.

We so much enjoy meeting "net friends", and in these difficult times I think even more than usual, it would be nice finding other cruisemates on our sailing.
If u're going to be there... let's hear from U.

Regards,
Kuki... God Bless America (I'm Canadian)
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2001, 10:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Re: Switched to Sept.29 sailing! U going??

I think you are out of line - doesn't matter where you are from!!!!!!! A war is a bout to start - getting back to normal is contributing ending terrorism - not going on a cruise.

JON - NYC

An American
Old September 18th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Linda T.

Jon,
I'm Linda an American too and I agree with Kuki, as obviously does the president of the United States when he encouraged us to get back to our normal lives as much as we can. I would be happy to contribute to ending terrorism in everyway possible, but the only way I know to help right now is to follow my Presidents orders and live my life as he suggested we all do. I have given blood and I have donated as much money as I can. And I have a flag hanging in my front yard and a flag on my car. I am also going on a cruise in November because it is part of my "normal life". Do you have something specific you feel we need to do to end terrorism other then what we were asked to do by our President? My heart goes out to the victims and their families, my prayers are with them and to the rest of the peace loving people in this world.
Kuki.. go and have a great time, I'll be looking forward to your virtual cruise and to your review of the Triumph. God bless.....................Linda
Old September 18th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Schu

Whoa Jon,
So what if a war is about to start? I fought in the Gulf War, and my parents still went on a cruise. I thought it was absurd to think they might cancel. I was like "What??!!?? Go and have fun, it does no good for anybody to sit holed up in front of the TV."

The best way to beat terrorism is to show the terrorists that what they do will not change what we as Americans believe in!!

Have a great time Kuki, I will be getting off the explorer as you are getting on!

Schu
Old September 18th, 2001, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Hi Kuki,

We will be there with bells on and we are looking forward to meeting you. Please let us know what your plans are and if you were able to arrange your party. If not, please join us for the "rubberband party" in the Viking Crown Lounge at 3:30pm

Smooth Sailings!!
Deborah
Old September 22nd, 2001, 02:44 PM
gail adler

Have a great time, Kuki! Jon sounds like a jerk!
Old September 22nd, 2001, 05:38 PM
Alice

My husband and I have been reading this board for months getting ready for our 50th wedding anniversary cruise ( a transatlantic)...after almost 30 cruises our most expensive...we did just ask for a credit...we would never have done that if a) the cruise had not been right now, b) we would have been in a partying mood, which we are not right now, c) the trip had not involved so many flights (would we be sure we could get back into the U.S. in a couple weeks, and d) since we live in Florida we can cruise without air and all we have basically lost is the $ for air. Oh, an e) our kids were basket cases worrying about the thought of us going.
But, make no mistake (where have we heard that?). We are already rebooking....
just closer to home a month or so from now.

Alice
Old September 27th, 2001, 11:37 AM
BillG

Go and enjoy Kuki. Going on a cruise doesn't mean you don't sympathize with the victims of the terrible tragic events that occured on September 11th. Bring back a hairshirt for Jon. Sounds like he wears them well.