Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2001, 08:13 AM
First Mate

Default Crew info.

Can someone tell me what the nationality of the crew members are on RCL? Thanks! Nancy
Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2001, 08:52 AM
jparr

Default Re: Crew info.

There are too many to name! They come from all over the world!
Old October 1st, 2001, 11:22 AM
Robocop

Nancy,
On just the Explorer of the Seas there are over 48 nations represented. If you were to include all of the fleet there is just no telling. I can say that most of the staff are from the European area.
Jim
Old October 1st, 2001, 03:00 PM
First Mate

Why do you want to know?
Old October 1st, 2001, 05:01 PM
First Mate

To be perfectly honest, at this terrible time that we Americans have been faced with, several of us who are booked to cruise in Dec., 2001 have concerns. I have sailed Holland America many times and most of the crew were from Indonesia, after seeing several news reports from Indonesia where they are burning our flags and pics of the president, one has to wonder if these crew members have the same feelings of those back in their homeland. I am not at all trying to point a finger at anyone, but there have been many articles that I have read that state the cruise lines do their best to run background checks on employees but they admit that there are loopholes. The same goes for our government in letting those that do not belong here have gotten through.

Call it being paranoid, but what a hell of a way to be thinking and living. Thanks to all of you who have responded. Nancy
Old October 1st, 2001, 07:59 PM
First Mate

It is a shame we have to think that way, but in light of everything that happened, who can blame us? I was booked on the the Explorer on December 1. I'm not sure what the state of our nation will be like, so I postponed. I'm sure you will have a safe trip.
Old October 1st, 2001, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned home from the 22nd-29th cruise on the Explorer out of Miami.
I was nervous and anxious flying out of SFO to MIA but put my faith in GOD and all was well. I must admit I was a bit concerned when I found out the head of hotel operations (cabins) on the Explorer has the last name of HUSSEIN. It serves as a lesson that we can not judge people by their looks, surnames or religions. Keep the faith and keep on doing what you love... cruising.
Old October 8th, 2001, 08:30 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan

They are from everywhere in the world. Most of the deck crew come from the Phillipines. Bar waiters from the Caribbean. Officers are mostly Norwegian and some from the other Scandinavian countries. Pursers officers are usually English. The beauty shop and spas are also English. Dancers are mostly English, American and Canadian. The waiters vary as well as the cabin stewards. We have had them from Europe, Northern Africa (Tunesia) lots from Turkey, a couple from Central and South America. They are all nice people, every one of them. If you are worried about security, and who isn't, the first thing the cruise lines did was check their crews. The crews are making good salaries and taking good care of their families as a result. So many come from third world countries and it is a happy thing to get a job on a ship. They don't want to jeopardize it