Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:08 PM
Nessa

Default Four Days at Sea

Hey there Cruise Buddies!

We're taking Vision of the Seas to Hawaii the first two weeks in November. The first FOUR days are at sea! I'm trying to figure out (like everyone else) what to pack for those four days (since Hawaii's average Temps are about 80 degrees for the day).

Does anyone have a clue about the air temps in early November at sea? I suppose the closer we get to the equator, the warmer it will be.

Wonder, also, if VOS has an encloser over the pool(s).

Anyone else taking this cruise out of Encenada Mex on Nov. 4th?
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2001, 04:57 PM
BillG

Default Re: Four Days at Sea

I don't know what the air temperature might be as you cross the Pacific (we went in the opposite direction a few years ago in May and found that as we got closer to the mainland it became windier and chillier. On advantage of the Vision class ships is the enclosed Solarium which allows you to swim and relax, protected from the elements, but with full view of the sea. Having those days at sea at the end of our trip was most relaxing after several days of visiting the various Hawaiian ports. You can use them to rest and relax in anticipation of those islands. Enjoy your cruise. Aloha.
Old October 3rd, 2001, 02:38 PM
nicstress

Hi Nessa,

I did the Ensenada to Honolulu crossing in March (on the Infinity) and it was quite cold the first 2 days. By mid-day #3, it was warm enough to lay out without getting goosebumps. A lot of people didn't have many pants or long sleeves (incl. me) and ended up buying stuff on the ship to keep warm. Bring a nice sweatshirt or 2 and a windbreaker, and a pair of jeans and other comfy long pants to wear around the ship for the days it will be chilly.

Have fun! Those days at sea go by fast because they are so much fun!
Old October 3rd, 2001, 08:24 PM
Passenger

Hi Nessa

We did the opposite on the Infinity from middle of April til May. The previous quotes were right on. As we got closer to to L.A. it became cooler and more windy. There was only one person on a chaise by the open pool and he was covered with towels.

We will be on the Vision with you. I believe I'm in 7066. I was originally all the way in the rear but moved up to mid-ship. I'm still trying to go up another category but it is too expensive. I thought there would be some reasonable upgrades but I think some of the early cancellations are booking on these later Hawaiian cruises.

Enjoy, and I'll look for you on the Vision.

John L.