Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 8th, 2001, 09:57 PM
Angela(OZ)
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

I don't care who does, or doesn't like me posting this.........
CRUISE CRITIC MESSAGE BOARDS ARE BACK UP !!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 8th, 2001, 11:37 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Angela,
I'm happy that your Cruise Critic boards are back. Not quite sure why you think it's appropriate to post it here though.
Thought it would be more appropriate for the CC admininstrators to post a message on their home page explaining why their message boards were down, and when they would be back up, but strangely that never happened.
BTW.. glad to hear u enjoyed your cruise!

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 9th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Robocop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Angela,
Glad it makes you happy. The funny thing is that if you were to post on that site how much you love Cruisemates and how happy you are that they have all these great message boards, your post would probably be censored and removed. Think about that while you are thinking about freedoms. <VBG>
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 10th, 2001, 09:52 AM
Angie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Robocop,

I don't believe that you are accurate with with your comments. No "Administrator" that I have ever read has EVER "gently nudged" someone to not post something about THIS site on the Cruise Critics boards, maybe the people who post on the boards, but not the "Admin"!! Now Lets talk about freedom. Get your facts straight. And I will leave it at that.

Angie
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 10th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Angie,
Not sure this is the appropriate place for this discussion.. but, what the heck, when you question facts..... FACT .. I was a volunteer chat host at CC when it was on AOL only, for 4 years. FACT.. when I resigned to join Anne Campbell at CruiseMates, CC shut down, and removed my master screenname account, which was mine before I became a volunteer. FACT, many friends who posted on CC telling people where I had moved to, had their posts deleted.
So, in reality CC isn't quite the all friendly domain you want to believe it is.

U and others took my posts trying to direct traffic to the proper message boards, as curt, and unfriendly. It certainly wasn't meant to be, but the FACT of the matter is the entire situation could have been avoided if the staff at CC would explained to its readers by posting a message on their home page, which was working, explaining there was a problem, and it was being worked on.

People even said I sent them "nasty" e-mails. I'd invite them to post the e-mails publicly, because I did no such thing!

The other FACT is I am delighted there are many cruise related sites on the Internet, where the cruise afflicted can gather and research cruise info. Like many who can't get enough "cruise chat", I visit all kinds of different sites, even though I call CruiseMates home. Everyone has their personal favorites for various reasons!
I would be more upset if the opposite were true, and cruise related web sites were disappearing. Now that would be sad!!!

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old October 11th, 2001, 02:27 AM
HH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Personally I think all the posts about other cruise message boards are nothing less than spam. I find it highly irritating. No doubt they post those messages here to drive up page visits to generate advertising dollars. I will no longer visit cruise critics because of these tactics
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old October 13th, 2001, 09:48 PM
funinthesun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

It's hard to believe how sensitive some people can be about discussing other boards. Everyone gives diiferent viewpoints and that why I like both sites. Angela if you feel like talking about another boards here that's ok. I thank you. I love reading what other people have to say. Even when they are wrong. Kuki, you are well spoken but very ill mannered. You are trying to censor her, by asking her not to talk about cruise critic here. Well I noticed how negative you are by reading what was supposed to be a weeks review of the Explorer. Other than food, you didn't talk about much. What you did review you were always half negative. No wonder people didn't want to eat with you.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old October 14th, 2001, 01:10 AM
HH
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

There is nothing wrong with talking about other boards. Its the way angela did it that bugs me. The proper way to announce that the board is back up is to email the admins of this web site and ask if they would post a proper notice. Why she chose to put this topic under Royal Caribbean is beyond me. The fact that she said "I don't care who does, or doesn't like me posting this........." clearly indicates that she knows this is an unacceptable practice.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old October 14th, 2001, 01:16 AM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Fun,
U have interesting comments.. I didn't try and censor anyone. If that were the case, I would have simply deleted the posts.

Your post shows that people read posts and reviews from their own perspective, and rather than take words at face value, try and read something into them.

Its pretty funny calling my approach negative. I have to say that's the first time I've even been accused of taking a negative approach to anything.. I enjoy life and cruising way too much for that!

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old October 14th, 2001, 01:45 PM
funinthesun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

HH, does it matter who announces that a board is back up. Apparently she is a fan of other sites. As am I. I would have made the announcement myself, if she hadn't. What's wrong with posting it under this board. She is also probably a fan of RCI also. So it only make sense she'll gravitate to this board.

Kuki, whenever someone writes something, especially an opinion, it is from their perspective. The reader must interpret those thoughts to determine whether their opinions can be like those of yourself or that of a crank. I read your review before I went to this board. You only reviewed the ship in passing , but the food and dining areas in more detail. You didn't go to a show for the first three days. A reviewer should try and experience those things if they want to pass around "their" thoughts. You mentioned censoring messages. Why would you even mention it. Why would this topic even make you consider this. You mentioned you were a board leader for aol, before you quit. Maybe you quitting was a good thing if censoring messages is so easy to you.

I love to cruise. I am enthusiatic as anyone when it come down to it. But I will dig through the web to find every bit of information I can. When she told me the board was back up, it was one more lead to information. I thank her for it. If she didn't put it on this board I may not have noticed it. Because this is the board I go right to.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old October 14th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 71
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Funinthesun...

You are way off. Kuki is far from illmannered. I met him for the first time on the Explorer a few weeks ago and found him and Mrs. Kuki to be very charming. I have read his posts for years - on this site and the Cruisecritic site before. He is very objective and insightful. I have never found anything he has said or wrote to be offensive or illmannered. He is a very experienced cruiser and you could learn alot from reading his posts. This is his job and if you found competition in your place of business, your instinct would be to protect your bread and butter - in an appropriate manner. Just like Kuki did. Get a grip!

"You haven't lived until you've cruised"

Smooth Sailings!
Deborah
Just Cruises
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old October 14th, 2001, 03:37 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

funinthesun wrote:
>
I read your
> review before I went to this board. You only reviewed the
> ship in passing , but the food and dining areas in more
> detail. You didn't go to a show for the first three days. A
> reviewer should try and experience those things if they want
> to pass around "their" thoughts.

Fun,
One thing you should understand. I DON'T DO reviews. What you were reading is a "virtual cruise" report. A daily report of my life on the ship, and only the first three days of it at that. The next 4 will follow.
I actually tend to avoid mentioning specific entertainers because, except for the reviews shows, the "headliners" change and those I saw will most likely not be the same as readers see when they cruise.

I also don't go into minute detail of everything I did or saw during the course of a day. I try and pick out the details, both positive and negative, which may impact the readers cruise experience if they were to sail that ship.
I think if people only want to hear how outstanding all the facilities on the ship on the ship are, they can get that in the cruise line brochures.

By the end of my cruise reports I hope the readers feel like they've sailed the ship with me, and enjoyed the experience as much as I do, as well as give those considering a cruise on the ship an "overview" of what they might expect.

And of course, there can be others who were on this sailing who's experiences on the ship were totally different from mine. Their experiences will be theirs, and mine will be mine. And neither will be wrong.

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old October 15th, 2001, 05:38 PM
tjukka
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Funinthesun,
I must say I differ greatly with your opinion of Kuki. I find him a very fun person to cruise with and is not negitive at all .I have sailed with him before.
If you try posting anything about another cruise site on the cruise critic board it will be removed promptly I have had a few removed my . Where as on this borard nothing has ever been removed. Kuki writes a virtual cruie whitch are thing 's that happen day to day that can always change.
Tj
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old October 15th, 2001, 08:38 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

TJ..
Thanks for the support. I was actually rather enjoying being considered evil. Gave me a entirely new persona.Someone mistook my antlers for horns.

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old October 15th, 2001, 09:00 PM
tjukka
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Kuki,
maybe Mrs. Kuki might say some of those things to you she doesn't put them on the boards. I happen to think that you enjoy cruising and tell it like you see it . Your alot more fun then the ones that complain all the time. I think on day some one will write a book on what the crew and other passengger's think of some of the passenger's
Tj
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:35 AM
funinthesun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

The idea of a review or a virtual cruise is to give information and opinion. If I wanted to look at the brochure, it gives me facts as the cruise line wants you to read. Peoples opinions are more important because that's where the real info comes from.

That's why I'll read everything I can. You commented on the food and the dining areas quite alot, even talked about how another person should have read "your" cruiseline gambling report before gaming.

Saying the entertainment is good or bad, in your opinion, is not a bad thing. Oh! but how can you do that if you don't go to shows. By the way, saying good or bad things about an entertainer is not terrible. Yes entertainment changes, but it says whether the cruise line make good choices or not.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:40 AM
funinthesun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

You might be a wonderful person. Yo might have great opinions. But the topic is CruiseCritic boards are back. To that you felt it was inappropriate to post that here. In that you are wrong. This is an cruise board to put feelings an information.

When you people metion deleting a message, that's what's bad. Because this is information. The reason people go to boards.
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old October 16th, 2001, 01:59 PM
tjukka
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Funin the sun,
Try posting somthing about Cruise mates Boards on the Cruise Critic site and see how fast it is pulled. I state my opion and have had a few posts pulled.From the cruise critic board. I have sailed with quite a few people from Cruise mates ,Cruise Critic and even Cruise Addiict.
I don't write for any of the board's only answer some questions to give passengers information. After 28 years sailing cruise ships and almost 300 cruise's . Yes I have had things pulled from the cruise critic site and that is the only site that they have pulled my responses. I just find this site more accessable from the ship . right now I am sailing through the panama Canal. Beautiful weather calm seas and sorry to say I haven't been to a show yet. My kids say the night club is full at night and so is the casino . The gift shop has gotten a new line of clothes. Buy the way the ship get's 28 yards to a gallon. On this cruise their are 600 passenger's from Europe and the rest Canadian and American, alomost 2,000 people on the ship now and the next cruise is full.the Casino goes by las Vegas standards.
Tj
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old October 16th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Robocop
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Fun, you are correct that the boards here are for information. The are also listed under "Topics". Royal Caribbean International is the subtopic of the board Cruiselines, neither of which has anything to do with the CC message boards. There is a place with the proper topic heading where this post would be approprate and that is what Kuki was alluding to. What many of us were also talking about is that Cruisemates boards are so open that we allow you to even talk about other websites, something that is not allowed by many other sites.
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old October 16th, 2001, 06:24 PM
tjukka
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Robo ,
right you are My post's were pulled from cruice critic that is one of the reason's i am hear and it is also more accessebale from the ship.
Tj
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old October 18th, 2001, 03:49 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 52
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

I for one have spent more time posting to Cruise Critic boards than either Cruise Mates or Cruise Addicts mainly because it was the first site I found when I started looking. I found the format easy to negotiate and conversed with some great people Angela being one of the first. Don't really have a favorite set of boards now after posting to both Cruise Mates and Cruise Addicts (only a few times for the latter). I think there are good things about all three ! We were very sorry that Kuki couldn't get a flight to Miami to join us on EOS on Sept. 15, and we had a lot of fun with Robo and Mrs. It was also great to meet Angela (remember the one who started this topic?) and her daughter! At this point it might be time to let this thread die! <G>
For what it's worth, I posted to Cruise Critic that I had photos posted on Cruise Mates, and that post is still there.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old October 18th, 2001, 07:33 PM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,411
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Tommy wrote:
>
> I for one have spent more time posting to Cruise Critic
> boards than either Cruise Mates or Cruise Addicts mainly
> because it was the first site I found when I started looking.
> I found the format easy to negotiate and conversed with some
> great people Angela being one of the first. Don't really
> have a favorite set of boards now after posting to both
> Cruise Mates and Cruise Addicts (only a few times for the
> latter). I think there are good things about all three !

Tommy,
I agree 100%. As far as I'm concerned the more cruise related web sites the better! Most of us surf around and visit many. I certainly do!
As I've said before, I'd be more upset if there were cruise web sites shutting down, rather than new ones popping up!!!

That was never an issue at all. Everyone is allowed to mention whatever cruise sites they want to recommend to others if it follows a topic or thread. To do so, simply to advertise it is simply bad etiquette and bad "netiquette".

I never suggested I was deleting a thread.. yet someone posted it wasn't nice for me to even consider it. It didnt dawn on them that I never said I considered it. Shows some folks just want to read into other's words, what they might do, I guess.

All web sites have user agreements. I think people should read them, just to see how controlling some sites are about what people are posting.

I much prefer a friendly approach where cruisers exchange ideas, and meet as we almost did, and hopefully will yet sometime in the future. The fun of cruising is much more important to concentrate on than all this other peripheral JUNK.

Regards,
Kuki
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old October 21st, 2001, 10:47 PM
funinthesun
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Dear Mr High and Mighty,

It is so nice you know all about net etiquette. Go back and read your own words, Mr. SPECIAL.

Mentioning a web site is up and running again is about the same as advertising or is it. How do you tell the difference. She seemed eager to let everyone know there was one more site to read.

Even you post on that site. as I read you have a rubberband party planned. It wasn't deleted by them.

If you are so dedicated to being the lord and master of this web board. Maybe you should just stick to it.

I do believe this has gotten a little stupid to continue with. But as you see, everyone has an opinion. That's a wonderful thing. Cruise Critic is a great site, with all kinds of information. The one thing I do notice is they are not as quick to judge or condemn as you KUKI or KOOKY.

You want to be known as such a nice guy. You feel being talked about as the devil is a new concept for you. Most of the people who have met you seem to feel you are a nice guy. Unfortunately your persona doesn't quite make it to this thread. I am not such a fan of yours or the cushion you sit on called ROBOCOP.

You probably are nice but you are not the lord of net ettiquite. I don't know who entrusted you with this board or the ability to write a featured article. But maybe it's time to step aside.

Lookin' forward to the future. CruiseMates is fun.

Luv ya
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old October 22nd, 2001, 04:02 PM
tjukka
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: CruiseCriticBoards are BACK !!!

Funin the Sun,
don't try using cruise critic from the ship. In 3 weeks on the ship I have gooten on to their boards 2 time's. For some reason I don't know why it is easier to get to and eaiser to post. The only problem is on the ship I don't have spell check. today I tried the cruise critic boards 3 times and couldn't get in once. While I was able to get into this one every time.
The vision is sailing with 2,008 passengers now .The weather is great and we are heading for Aruba.Then on to the Panama Canal we will be in the canal for my husband's birthday.
Yes i do think Kuki is Kooky and that is what makes him so much fun to sail withand his wife is a very nice person to. He is always ready for fun.
Tj
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
critic, cruise, cruisecriticboards, humor, wwwcruisecriticboards

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Med Europe BCN Back to Back May 29- June 7 - RCCL Adventure of the Seas Rommie wanted Deckdivacologne Seeking Cruise Companion 0 March 11th, 2010 02:44 AM
Back to back, Carnival Spirit, Mexico and Hawaii, Apr. 4 to 23, '10 rockysilvosa Gay / Lesbian Cruising 1 February 7th, 2010 12:03 PM
Staying on Golden Princess for back to back sailings billc102 Princess Cruise Lines 2 January 12th, 2007 05:15 PM
Birthday Getaway- Cruise Fix (Back to Back-ond day cruises) Chuck Palm Chit - Chat for Cruisers 2 August 12th, 2006 02:31 AM
Tom & Marys Back/Back Caribbean Princess-Part 1[/b] Tom &amp; Mary Chit - Chat for Cruisers 5 June 17th, 2006 11:24 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1