Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2001, 04:44 PM
First Mate

Default Aft cabins on Voyager-class ships...

I did a lot of research on this very question prior to booking cabin 1688 (category D1, aft) on Explorer. All the feedback I got was quite positive! These are wonderful cabins. I have stayed in the aft corner cabins on Carnival's Destiny-class ships and they were the best cabins ever! No problems with noise, movement, or anything for that matter. The aft balconies are sooooo much larger than the side balconies. The view is incredible. You get the best of all worlds back there! Go for it!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2001, 04:46 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Aft cabins on Voyager-class ships...

Oops! Didn't mean for this to be a new topic. I was trying to answer Tara's cabin question. Sorry!
Old October 24th, 2001, 12:39 PM
Nessa

Thanks, Bonnie for this insight.

I've always heard that the aft was more prone to movement and engine noise. We'll have to rethink this position next time we book a cabin. We always try to get the middle of a ship. (Of course, if the ship is very large, you do have longer to walk to the main areas.)
Old October 24th, 2001, 05:44 PM
Cruz'n_Carol

I had 1688 on the Explorer. The cabin is huge. An odd shape and has a support pole in it but it's like twice the size of the other D's. Also no vibration or noise. We LOVED it!