Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2001, 05:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Formal nights on Radinace of the seas

We will be going on the Radiance of the Seas in November and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what nights are Formal nights on the 7 day cruise. I assume they are the same on all seven day cruises. I don't want to eat dinner in the dining room everyday, but want to make sure I don't miss the formal nights.

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Old October 27th, 2001, 12:36 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Formal nights on Radinace of the seas

Hi Jenn,

I will be on Radiance Nove 16, 2001. My cruise book said there are 2 formal nights, one smart casual night, and 4 casual nights. I bring two suits and a sportcoat and that covers me for those nights. The casual nights I wear kakis with a nice shirt or similar.

I suggest women bring a really nice dress for the Captains dinner night and a nice dress for the other formal night.Use your best judgement for the other casual nights.

ANy other quesions please feel free to ask, this will be my 8th RCCL cruise.

Matthew
Old October 27th, 2001, 09:37 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Randy

In answer as to which nights are usually the "formal" ones, it has been my experience with RCCL that the second night and the next to last night have been the ones designated as the formal nights. You will get the most specific information when you are on board in the daily "Cruise Compass" which is distributed to every cabin approximately 5-8pm each evening. This will have detailed information on what will be happening on the ship for the next day, including the theme and style of the dinner. Happy Cruising!! Kalimon
Old October 27th, 2001, 04:27 PM
Frank

Formal nights may cjange by the itinerary. They are often on sea days.
Old October 27th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Formal nights on the Radinace of the seas

Matthew, I will be on the same ship same date as you. Glad to see you have been on a RCCL cruise 7 times so far, that is encouraging since this will be the first RCCL cruise we will be on.

Thanks

Jenn
Old October 28th, 2001, 12:19 AM
Passenger

Jenn,

Is anyone in your party a golfer? I am scheduled to play golf in St. Lucia and in Barbados.

Just so you know, if there are any excursions you are positive you want to take you can book them online at RCCL web site. I signed up for the golf ones already and I am doing my own thing on the other islands.

You will have a great time on Royal Caribbean, they have a good product. The only thing that we should worry about is this is her first Caribbean cruise and she may be taking on new personnel.

A bad day cruising is still better than a good day at work.

Matthew
Old October 28th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Matthew,

My husband is a golfer and would have loved to play, but he had a shoulder injury ealier this year and can't and he loves to play so its killing him.

I agree, anyday on a cruise is better then anyday at work good or bad.

Jenn
Old October 31st, 2001, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Matthew, I have a friend Ken who loves to golf and is taking this same cruise. It is only their 2nd. cruise and first time venturing out on their own. They love to travel and enjoyed our first cruise, but I had made all of the arrangements. I will e-mail him and ask that he log onto this forum and try to get in touch with you. His wife is not a golfer. Bon Voyage