Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2001, 07:30 PM
david templar

Default LEGEND 7TH DEC

I'M GOING ON TJHE LEGEND OF THE SEAS FROM SINGAPORE TO SYDNEY ON DEC 7TH,INSIDE B DECK,ANYONE ELSE GOING,PLEASE CONTACT ME.AM VERY INTERESTED HOW SHIP IS GETTING FROM BARCELONA TO SINGAPORE,Havinbg the 2 cruises are cancelled empty i guess either via suez or south africa
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2001, 05:34 AM
JANIER

Default Re: LEGEND 7TH DEC

Hi there David
We are a family of 8 also going on the trip, no idea how the ship will now travel, just so long as it is safe, more interested in our part of the trip, ie around Bali, will we be going there or not, is it safe to go there? Any ideas?
Have heard from a few other groups witth similar concerns.
Bye for now
Jane
Old October 29th, 2001, 07:54 PM
david templar

thasnks for reply,big group.where are you from,usa?
i'm from england.yes there was a bit of rtrrouble in parts of indonesia,i'm sure it'll be ok,if not they'll go elsewhere,how are you getting to singapore? united posibly.
keep in touch
dasvid
Old October 30th, 2001, 04:44 AM
JANIER

Also from the UK, Nottingham. We are flying with the Qantas/BA group, flight out with Qantas, home with BA. Are you travelling alone? Are you staying in Singapore before the cruise and Aus afterwards. We are in Singapore 2 nights, Sydney 10 nights and then Brisbane for 10 nights. One part of our group are emigrating to Aus, they will stay in Sydney when we return to sunny Nottingham.
1st time cruisers, how about you?
Keep in touch
Jane
Old October 30th, 2001, 07:30 PM
david templar

HI THERE,GREAT FROM ENGLAND.WOW!! SOME HOLIDAY EH!!
I'M FLYING OUT ON 6TH ARRIVING ON 7TH AND STRAIGHT ON THE SHIP.STAYING IN SYDNEY FOR 2 DAYS BEFORE RETURNING,YES I'M TRAVELLING ALONE,GOING ON EMIRATES,NOT MY 1ST CRUISE AOUND 12TH 3RD WITH ROYAL, CARRIBEAN,WAS GOING ON DEUTSCHLAND FROM DUBAI TO BOMBAY,BUT WAS ALTERED,HOPE KEEP IN TOUCH,AND SEE EACH OTHER ON THEVCTRUISE WENT TO AUSTRALIA 8YEARS AGO,MY COUISIN LIVES THERE HOP[E TO SEE HER AGAIN,
Old November 8th, 2001, 01:43 PM
Jeanne Keenan

My husband, who is a travel agent, and I are also booked on this trip. He has been told that the ship is deadheading around the southern coast of Africa. However, we are beginning to have serious concerns about the way this trip is being handled. We requested, received and paid for an air deviation last July so that we could use some of my many frequent flyer miles to upgrade on what is going to be a very long trip. I then requested and had confirmed the mileage upgrades. However, as of today the airline has cancelled the upgrades because the reservations still haven't been ticketed. I am less then a happy camper and my husband, the travel agent, has had absolutely no luck in getting any response by condescending reassurances when he has even been able to get a return phone call from the cruise line. Obviously our documents are not yet on their way to us, since the air travel has not yet been ticketed. Have you received your documents?
Old November 8th, 2001, 07:35 PM
david templar

YES JUST GOT MY TICKETS THANKS,WHAT IS DEADHEADING?
I'VE BOOKED MY FLIGHTS MYSELF,WHERE ARE YOU FROM
DAVID TEMPLAR
Old November 8th, 2001, 09:14 PM
Jeanne Keenan

Deadheading is traveling without passengers. We are from Seattle, WA. This will be our first trip to Asia and Australia and I've really looked forward to it, particularly since the cruise we had planned in October to the Mediterranean was cancelled due to the bankrupcy of Renaissance Cruise Lines. We booked through RCCL last winter but arranged and paid for an air deviation to ensure that we could fly United and use some of my several hundred thousand frequent flyer miles to upgrade. Fortunately, my husband is a travel agent and we finally got things unraveled today and while I don't physically have our documents yet, RCCL ticketed the air today.

Travel time to Singapore for us is over 20 hours. If my geography serves me well, it will be as long or longer for you.
Old November 9th, 2001, 04:47 PM
david templar

thanks for reply,not sure the flying time leave at 1345 arrives 1400 next day
3rd cruise on rccl "SONG OF AMERICA" and "SPLENDOUR OF THEW SEAS"
other lines as well,seabourn,costa,hal,cunard,msc, so have plenty if mix.went down barcelona last weekend the see legend go out.done asia hong kong top osaka. been to australia flyingf but never on a ship.i can't wauit,waas gonna on millennium and deutschland but jhad to cancel due to situation,got my cruise ticket as i booked flights myself,staying in australia until 26th dec
look forwatrd to meeting you onboard where is your cabin?
Old November 10th, 2001, 07:52 PM
Jeanne Keenan

We've sailed on Song of America, also. Plus Radiance, Viking Serenade (our first cruise about 12 years ago), Sun Viking of RCI. Have also been on Norwegian, many Princess, Holland America, Renaissance -- and were booked on a Mediterranean cruise on Renaissance October 10th, which, of course, did not come off because of their bankrupcy.

Our documents are in now (we had requested early ticketing because of our air deviation to fly United) although they are still at my husband's travel office. I believe we are in cabin 8052 -- or something like that. Look us up. It seems we've made friends from Britain on almost all of the cruises we've taken.

We also are staying in Sydney until the 26th. This is our very first trip to Australia and I am super excited -- also, way overdue for an extended vacation.
Old November 11th, 2001, 07:25 PM
david templar

GOOD STUFF,A GOOD CABIN,I WAS GONNA ON ADVENTURE WITH A BALCONY,BUT BEEN THERE ALREADY SO AUSTRALIA REALLY APPEALED TO ME.WENT THERE 8YEARS AGO TO SEE MY COUSIN,WENT TO MINYIP AND RAMSEY ST.WHAT TIMES YOUR FLIGHT BACK MINES AT 2115 ON EMIRATES. LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
Old November 24th, 2001, 02:58 PM
david templar

no more posts for a while,keep in touch where can we meet?
i'm flying onm6th going straight onto the ship,could not cantact rccl so have no tranfer booked.also has anyone got a visa for australia
look foraward to meeting you all,looking forwardc to a great cruise