Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2001, 11:03 AM
mdbeau

Default Voyager 11/25 - Tips/Advice?

My husband and I just rebooked for the Voyager on 11/25. We were originally scheduled for our anniversary on 9/16 but had to postpone when our flights were cancelled. Even though it will now be a delayed celebration we are looking forward to finally going on our first cruise we've planned for over a year. Since we are first timers can anyone who has been on this ship/itinerary give me any tips/advice on recommended shore excursions? What to see, where to go? I've already got Peat Taylor's name and plan on contacting him for one of his tours. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Shirl

Default Re: Voyager 11/25 - Tips/Advice?

Congratulations on you anniversary!!! We just returned from Voyager for our first cruise and we loved everything about the ship.

We did the half day excursion with Captain Marvins in Grand Cayman and it was wonderful I would highly recommend it. It was also less expensive than excursions purchased through the ship. The web site is www.captainmarvins.com.

Also did Tulum/Xel-Ha through the ship and really enjoyed that as well, I wouldn't recommend the combo though because you really don't have time to enjoy both. I would have rather done just Tulum or the Tulum/Beach Combo.

The only other thing I would recommend is Portifino's. We did this for our anniversary and it was well worth the $20pp. The only extra charge was for our bottle of wine ($23 for Beringers White Zinfandal) Make sure you save room and order the Tiramisu (sp?) best dessert the whole cruise!

Shirley
Old November 6th, 2001, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mdbeau,
Glad you are finally getting that Anniversary cruise, both you and your husband will love it. In case you haven't read through the section here at Cruisemates for first time cruisers, here is the link, lots of great tips, enjoy:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 8th, 2001, 03:01 PM
mdbeau

Shirl and Donna,
Thanks so much for your responses and the links! Will definately check out Capt Marvin's. Shirl - when you went off the ship for excursions did you take any "personal" items with you and if so where did you put them when you went snorkeling etc?
thanks again!
Michelle
Old November 10th, 2001, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Congratulations on your Anniversary !

We spent our 25th Anniversary on the Voyager in August.

I can not say enough about it. The shows are wonderful the food is Great
We did not do alot of excurions we were in Ochio Rios on Our Anniversary and we did the Dunns River Falls on our own. It was alot cheaper and we were able to get there before the crowds from the ship got there which made it much nicer. After we did the falls we took the cab back to the ship for lunch and then walked to the shopping areas which is very close you don't really need a cab unless you have alot of bags.

We did do the snorkle catamaran in Cozumel which i recomend it was very good.

If there is anything at all that you would like to know please feel free to contact me
Elaine
Old November 10th, 2001, 09:09 PM
Shirl

I took a small backpack to put our towels, sunblock etc... They allow you to leave it on the boat while you snorkel and it worked out well. Also, they have taking videos of everyone snorkeling that you can purchase for $50 us. Its expensive but we ordered it to show our kids and they did a decent job.

Shirl