Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2001, 10:39 PM
Verna

Default Cabins

I just went into Best Cruises.com and found an atrium cabin on Explorer that looked good in price then I went into RCCL and found the same cabin on their site. Thought the deal was, that if Best Cruises.com shows it on their site that they had bought that whole block of cabins. Wondering why they both are showing the same cabin? Of course RCCL is showing it for more in price.
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabins

The answer is very simple... Best Cruises and hundreds of other t/a's... if not thousands... are hooked directly into RCI's t/a booking engine. You are seeing real time available cabin inventory. The agency dosn't own the cabins... they are showing you what is available to the first to book it, at any given time.
Old November 8th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Verna

Ernie, thanks so much for straightening me out on this.........
Old November 8th, 2001, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Verna....I am not saying that Best cruises isnt cheaper than RCCL site BUT make sure the price quoted to you at Best cruises is showing Port charges (Approx 150 pp for southern Car) and taxes and any delivery charge. I have found that the prices you get at the net cruise sites (initial quote), normally dont show those things until you are in purchase screen. From memory I believe the price you see at RCCL includes everything except maybe taxes (prob 50 per person). So make sure you are comparing "apples to apples". I dont know if this is the case. Next cruise we take I will certainly try pricing it there at Best cruises to make sure I am getting the best price. Thanks for the tip. Have fun
Rick
Old November 8th, 2001, 11:03 PM
Verna

Thanks Rick for the advice. We have decided to go with our local cruise agent. We are in CA and just don't feel good about having a T/A clear across the Continent. Our T/A quoted the same as RCCL. We leave out of Reno early in the morning the day before cruising and RCCL includes the hotel that night in the pkg. as we don't get into Miami till after 4:00 in the afternoon. If we went out of San Francisco, we would have to leave at 1:00 A.M morning of the cruise and arrive and go directly to the ship. Couldn't quite handle the red-eye!!!!!!!!
Old November 9th, 2001, 12:42 AM
Admiral

Verna I am sure you will have a wonderful cruise!!!!!!!! HAve fun
Semper Fi
Rick