Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 01:53 PM
momo

Default Swimming with dolphins

we are on the serenade in March. Looking at excursions, we see that swimming with dolphins in available in Antigua.
Has anyone done this and can recommend? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Greeneyes630

Default Re: Swimming with dolphins

My children did the dolphin swim in the Bahamas. They allowed my husband and I to stand right on the deck, even though my kids are 13 and 14. It was expensive, $150 per child plus $20 each for us to watch. Although it was costly I would recommend it. The look on the kids faces was worth it. My husband and I were sorry we didn't participate. We took some really great pics. The pics they sell are not good nor do you have a selection. We did buy the video for $50, expensive but the extended family has enjoyed watching it.
Old January 26th, 2004, 04:26 PM
momo

Default Re: Swimming with dolphins

how long were the kids actually with the dolphins to swim? Some places apparently only let you swim for less than thirty minutes. I know our kids are psyched and want to participate in it very badly, but we're just wondering if its worth the cost.
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Greeneyes630

Default Re: Re: Swimming with dolphins

There were 10 total people, my 2 kids and 2 families of 4. They had a routine. The dolphins and trainers must do the same thing with each group. There was some down time, the kids stayed in the water but the dolphin was with another family. There was no actual swimming, you were just in the water, the dolphins swam around you, over you, under you. There was an orientation talk, then a little talk at the dock, so they were in the water probably bout 30 minutes. Then we had to wait a long time for the video. My kids are older (13 and 14) and still talk about it. They loved it. It was, in my opinion, one of the things you must do once in your life. But its also one of the things that once you do it once, you've done it. I just asked the kids how do you feel about the dolphin swim....both yelled I loved it!!! I'm sorry my husband and I didn't participate with the kids. We were worried that it would take some glory or adventure from their encounter. If you can afford it, do it with them. Although, we took some really good photos standing on the dock.
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Swimming with dolphins

I agree with greeneyes. My daughter is 16 years old. She has been all over the world on vacations and has done lots of things. The one excursion she still talks about is the dolphin swim in Antigua. It is not cheap but is has been worth every penny is cost because 8 months later she still talks about it. I did not do it but my husband went with her and he thoroughly enjoyed it and he is 40.
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:16 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Swimming with dolphins

My hubbie and I swam with the dophins in Cozumel this past December. It was expensive BUT worth every penny. It was a once in a life time experience I will never forget. This was one of the most exctiing things I have ever experienced. We are 60 and 70 years old. It was wonderful to see the looks on our grandchildrens faces when they saw the video we brought back. That is all they could talk about to their friends and at school about their grandparents riding on dolphins.

So swim with the dolphins while you have the chance to. Remember those tours book up very fast and early.