Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2001, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Default Miami airport - return flight?

Looking at RCCL cruise out of Miami - what is the earliest for a return flight if booking the flight on my own? I am used to FLL but do not know "the rules" for Miami. I see an 11:25 flight available.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2001, 11:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Miami airport - return flight?

11:25 am out of MIA is perhaps the earliest moment I would even think about. With the lengthy security procedures at MIA and the unpredictability of your disembarkation and baggage claim at the Port, I would not recommend a flight departure before 12 noon. In any case, go to the Information Desk early in the cruise, with your airline tickets in hand, and request an early disembarkation number/color. They should do this for you and that will help.
Old November 12th, 2001, 01:58 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Doreen

I just returned yesterday from Explorer and a 11:25 am flight would have been no problem to make . Just tell them you need to be off first and get the right color tag. They called 3 colors first white , Orange (that was me ) and cannnot remember other color . Also I did my own transportation supershuttle was $9.00 Ea way easy to use right outside airport and at pier and cheaper then RCI tranfers .
Old November 12th, 2001, 02:09 PM
Robocop

Theresa,
Just IMHO but I would not take any flight before say 1PM to be on the safe side.
Jim
Old November 13th, 2001, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Doreen, did you pre-book the supershuttle to the pier or did you just get it when you arrived in Miami? We are arriving there 11/27 for a cruise and want to know how best to get to the pier fast. Thanks. Carol
Old November 19th, 2001, 01:40 PM
First Mate

Theresa,

My wife and I just returned Sat. 11/17/01 from the Explorer. We had a grey tag which was almost the last color called and we were off the ship at 9:30 and at Miami Airport by 10:00. We took a cab to Airport for $18.00. They have a set of questions they asked on the tv and one question was your flight schedule.
You will absolutely love the ship.

Jim