Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2001, 07:29 PM
KKay

Default Excursions St. Martin & Tortola?

Has anyone been on the Golden Eagle Catamaran Excursion in St. Martin? We are interested in going on this one, but would hate it if it were a ripoff! Also what excursion is good for Tortola B.V.I.? We are planning on booking our excursions before we leave home since last time we cruised we didn't get our first choices when we booked on board.
Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2001, 10:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Excursions St. Martin & Tortola?

We did did this excursion 3 years ago with Princess. It is the best excursion I have ever done. The folks who sail the catamaran are just a kick. They also let you help with the sailing. They offer drinks and I think, food to the island and back and then you can snorkle or sun bathe or just hang out on the catamaran once you get to the island. I highly recommend this tour with the Golden Eagle folks.

Elise
Old November 16th, 2001, 10:53 AM
First Mate

We were on the Golden Eagle in July (with Princess and I have to agree with Elise - we thought it was the best excursion we had ever taken.

On the way out to the Island (Tintamar - weather permitting) they served Mimosas, soda and juice. The trip out to the island was a lot of fun as the captain gave some history and described points of interest. Once the catamaran is docked, you can hit the beach, snorkel (they have the equipment on board) or use floats (the noodles) in the beautiful water. You can also remain on board.

On the way back, they provide sandwiches and snacks as well as drinks. The dock in Phillipsburg so be sure to bring some spending money if you plan on doing any shopping. This way you don't have to go back to the ship for money and pay to use the water taxi (like I did ).

One thing to keep in mind is if the weather results in high swells, those prone to sea sickess will want to have their patches on - or should sit towards the back of the catamaran for smoother sailing. We had high swells and some people were a bit quesy, but those who were prepared we fine. They also have bonine on board for those who need it and I hear it works fairly rapidly.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Happy sailing!

Andrea
Old November 16th, 2001, 08:51 PM
sealady

From Tortola you can go to Virgin Gorda and the Bath's.. Don't miss them.. enormous bolders are on the beach and you can walk over and under them on a marked trail.. it is an amzing experience.. it is a beautiful one of a kind place.. enjoy! .
Old November 19th, 2001, 04:05 PM
First Mate

We went on the Golden Eagle tour in St. Maarten on an RCI cruise just this past September. It was awesome! The scenery was great, the water beautiful, and the Island/beach was gorgeous! My husband went snorkeling, and I just floated on a noodle float and relaxed.

They served mimosas on the way there, and sandwiches and drinks on the way back, and played island music. It was a lot fun, worth the price.