Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Vision of the Seas Jan.6th

Hi, anyone out there sailing on the Vision on Jan 6th??? I feel like we are going to have more than enough deck space!!!!

Jeanne
Sponsored Links
Old November 19th, 2001, 12:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Vision of the Seas Jan.6th

Hi Jeanne
my friends and I are going on Vision of the Seas but in only 7 more days! And believe me, we feel the same way...seems no one is going on VOS November 25th 2001! but hey, more special services for us!!;-)
anyways have a wonderful cruise, and hopefully someone will also be going on your cruise.
Bon Voyage
Kat
Old November 19th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank's Kat. Hope you have a great time as well!!!

Jeanne
Old November 19th, 2001, 11:30 PM
Nancy1250

Jeanne and Kat, We just sailed the Vision to Hawaii and I feel I can guarantee you that you'll have a wonderful time. She's a great ship. The centrum is beautiful, paintings and sculptures delightful, split-level dining room wonderful, etc., etc., etc. If you happen to get a waiter named Catalina you'll have the best ever. She's from Romania and provides excellent service and has a magnificient personality. Oh, I'm turning green with envy! I hope you both have wonderful cruises!!
Old November 21st, 2001, 02:39 PM
Nessa

Hi!
Just come back from Hawaii off Vision. Had a great time. The food presentation was better than the taste, but plenty of it. The entertainment was fantastic. We were on the 7th deck. Very quiet inside the cabins. Library creeked a lot! (but no one sleeps there).

We had 1800 passengers which we were told was normal. Holiday cruising is usually light.

Anyone ending their trip in Encenada, better have plenty of time and reading matterial for the border crossing. We saw miles of back up coming into USA as we were leaving San Diego for our trip south. This was on Saturday afternoon (11/4).

We were surprised to find hairdryers in the rooms (we were told they wouldn't be there). The 7th deck cabins had terry robes (but my sister didn't have any in their 4th deck cabin).

The first three days at sea was cold and overcast. Couldn't get warm! All the ports were great. Everyone enjoyed their excursions. (The Rivercruise and Fern Grotto on Kaui wasn't worth the money, though.)

Now the tightest security was leaving Honolulu. Everyone had to dig into their packed bags to get film out since we were told their x-ray equipment was stronger than most airports and would ruin the film. All my pictures came out lousy. They were grainy and the colors were terrible. I'm not sure if was the x-raying, user error, bad film, bad processing or what. I'm heart broken, so be forwarned!

You may want to know about Hilo Hattie's. This very cleaver marketing idea can be found in every major port to the delight of us tourists who can't wait to support the local economy. And boy did we ever! Every store greats you will a shell lai and you can sample coffees, punches and maybe biscotti. Merchandise was greatly varied for gifts of every kind and the price range was just as wide from the inexpensive/ affordable to every expensive jewelery.

The cheaper, but just as plentiful were the 'ABC' Stores in every island. (Someone said it stands for "all bring cash.") This had affordable stuff.

Every port had free shuttles to the shopping areas. It is always total chaos. I don't think it was organized by RCL. In Hilo, we waited in long lines. There was one lonely shuttle for Walmart. We all had a good laugh at this. (Who wants to travel 5,000 miles to shop at Walmart?) This Walmart was across the street from Hilo Hattie and some of us were sorry we didn't take it and save a lot of time.

Hey, I could go on and on, so if you want any more feedback, feel free to write me personally. (Don't know when I'll get back to this site again.)

Happy Holidays and Happy cruising!
Old November 21st, 2001, 02:54 PM
Admiral

we did the Vision on 10/6 Panama Canal and even though it was a full ship, there were rarely any lines...only time was in Cabo San Lucas waiting for a tender to take us in to the pier. Have a great cruise!
Old November 23rd, 2001, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info, Marc. Good to know things operated smoothly on the ship!

Jeanne