Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Default RCL + P&O Salute

While in port in St. Maartan the Radiance of the Seas and a P&O Princess ship were docked on the new peir. Thank god no more tendering!!!! The merger was announced that morning and when it was time for the Princess to leave she gave a salute with her horns to us. We then gave a salute back and she responded back again. Evidently the captain of the Disney Magic felt left out so when we were done he played when you wish upon a star on his horns. I sure anyone sleeping in St. Maartan whould not have been amused.

I asked the Captain if he was saluting his new sister company and he said "She started to salute us and I felt I had to respond"

Matthew <--- RCL stockholder and happy with merger.
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: RCL + P&O Salute

Thanks for sharing that story. I would have loved to have been there for that.

Denise :-)
Old November 27th, 2001, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Matthew,

When did that happen? I must have been to busy shopping in St. Maarten and missed it
Old November 27th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Passenger

The Pricess ship (I think it was the Dawn Princess) left about 15 minutes to 30 minutes ahead of us. When she undocked she did her horn salute. We then responded and she came back on her horns again.

If you remember while we were in San Juan the Adventure of the Seas left before we did and did the same type of salute with our ship since it was both hers and our first cruise out of San Juan.

I was in 9550 amidship on the starbord side. I was on my balcony both times. I love to watch the ship move out of port. So I was scared out of my skin the first time I heard those horns, they were really really LOUD!

Matthew <---- one year untill next thanksgiving cruise