Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Lana

Default Arranging for a surprise on the ship

My most generous wonderful brother is treating a total of NINE(!) of us on the Voyageur of the Sea for Christmas.

My problem, you ask? My sister and I would love to do something special for him on the ship to show our appreciation, so any suggestions as to what we could surprise him with would be great. I don't even know if such things are possible, but what about having a song dedicated at one of the nightclub acts? or a special dessert made up thanking him?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Lana
Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Arranging for a surprise on the ship

Hi Lana,
Wow, what a fantastic brother, can I borrow him? I do like your ideas for a suprise for him. You can also arrange through the travel agent to have a shipboard credit put on his account, which he could use for purchases, tours, etc. Also having a Bon Voyage gift in his cabin when he gets there, those are also nice. Just a few thoughts, bet which ever you decide he will appreciate, have fun!

Here is a link to "well wishers", in case you want to check that out:

<http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/wellwish/t.asp?id=1009>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 27th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Lana

Thanks for the quick reply, Donna. -- My dilemma is that my brother is VERY wealthy and can afford anything... while my sister and I are single moms living together to save money (although my brother paid off our mortgage... I tell you he's incredible). We'd like to arrange for something that 'money can't buy' hence the song at the nightclub idea. A gift basket in his room feels too ordinary for what he's doing for us.

Also, since my brother arranged for the trip (he's in San Jose, we're in Toronto) I have no idea who his travel agent is.

Help! -- Lana
Old November 27th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you speak to the Head Waiter, I'm sure he can arrange a private dinner in your brothers cabin on a night of his choosing. My husband and I did this. It was very romantic. A waiter will bring a huge tray laden w/ all their requests from the dinner menu and set the table. If they have a larger cabin this can be done easily. It doesn't cost any additional money and in fact the waiter refused the tip (imphatically I might add).

You can also do the song dedication. That's a nice idea.

Good luck! Have a wonderful trip... Denise :-)
Old November 27th, 2001, 06:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lana,
Yep, think the song will be a great suprise for him, thats so sweet that he's willing and able to do these kinds of nice things for you and your sister, hope its a special cruise for all of you! You also may be able to have the cruise director help you out and make a mention at one of the shows??? It never hurts to ask, right?
Take care,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 29th, 2001, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

On a cruise for our 25th anniversary my husband went up and spoke to the band in one of the clubs, and during the conversation mentioned our anniversary was the next night and we would be back to see them. When we did show up the next night they remembered us and dedicated a song to us.

I don't know why you could not arrange something similar for you brother.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.
Old November 30th, 2001, 11:57 AM
Passenger

if you go to rccl website they have a menu for gifts that can be prepurchased and put in his room or when you get onboard i am sure if you speak with your waiter they will be glad to arrange something special
Old December 5th, 2001, 04:35 AM
Linda Marie

Ask at the purser's desk if dinner with the captain can be arranged for your brother.