Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Lady Jag

Default C&A Members: How much is your coupon for?

Just doing a little survey. I'm not sure what level we are at in the Crown & Anchor Society. We were told by the Matre'd on the Radiance a few weeks ago that some of the lower levels were being combined.

We just received our Crown & Anchor Magazine and our coupons are at $180 for the 7 day cruises. What level is this?

What is the highest coupon you've had? I'm interested to see how much ours will go up with more cruises!! It's a great excuse to continue cruising with RCI!

:o)
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: C&A Members: How much is your coupon for?

we are gold members and our coupons were $200 for a 7 night. Only problem is trying to redeem them. I ususally book over the internet and then have to mail in the coupons. Have yet to have any credited to my cruise fare. I have called RCL and they are very vague with their answers. Also if you read the fine print on the coupons the travel agents commission is based on fare after the discount so I feel the TA's maybe drag their feet a bit. I would prefer to have some other offer like bathrobes, coursages for formal nights..something like that.
Old December 10th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Lady Jag

Sally - How many cruises do you have to take to be a Gold Member? I thought we were at that level, and yet our 7-night coupons were for $180.

Great idea about the corsage, bathrobe, etc. INSTEAD of these useless coupons. You're so right about how hard they are to use! Most TA's don't want to use them if you have an already discounted cruise fare. It does affect their commission and most are already cutting their commission by half to make the sale. I wish RCI would pick up on your idea and run with it. The coupons only work if you are booking direct through RCI and are willing to pay the full brochure fare. (RIGHT!)

Our agent does use them, but she doesn't really like to and I can understand her point of view.
Old December 11th, 2001, 11:52 PM
Passenger

Boy do I have a different experience using the coupons. I've used them twice and have never paid full brochure fare. In fact I just paid final payment on Enchanment in Feb bringing my total for a 7 night cruise in an outside cabin down to $550 thanks to those coupons and I didn't have a bit of trouble using them with a travel agent. You can keep the corsages and bathrobes.
Old December 12th, 2001, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

we have been on 3 RCL cruises and have now booked our 4th & 5th which, when completed, will give us Platinum status. Sounds like Rusty did well with his coupons..did you book with a TA or with RCL? we just booked alaska on the radiance (expensive ship) E1 balconys for $1089 each total. that is before our $200 coupon but i am not holding my breath! Lot cheaper this year than last! it was $800 more for just an outside no balcony.
Old December 12th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Lady Jag

Sally - We've also been on 3 RCI cruises and have a 4th and possibly a 5th booked (company cruise-not sure if it's going to be on Carnival or RCI), so with 3 cruises under our belt, we should be considered Gold Members also and have a coupon for $200 not $180. I'll have to call the C&A Desk today and find out what the deal is. Thanks for your info. on this.

We always book with a TA. Sometimes she can use the coupons and sometimes she can't. It DOES sound like Rusty got a good deal! Yes, I expected the Radiance to come down this year for Alaska. It was really high last summer, I guess because it's a new ship.

You'll absolutely love the ship and crew! I'm sure some of them will change by then, including the one-of-a-kind Cruise Director, but the atmosphere should be the same. The minute we stepped on board, we noticed a high energy among the crew. They were so energetic, eager to help us in any way, friendly and not condescending to a young family like we've experienced on other lines. It was truly a wonderful cruise - the best of 6 cruises so far!
Old December 13th, 2001, 12:02 AM
Passenger

Hi, It's Rusty (she) and yes I think I did extremly well on the cost of the cruise but I also think its the timing and the fact that Enchanment is considered to be an "older" ship at this point. We were on her 3 years ago (Eastern) and she's a beautiful ship so we are really looking forward to doing the Western in Feb. I booked with an agent this year and they were great to work with. I just said we were interested in the Western Caribbean and she gave me her best price. I'm amazed. My coupon was for $150, I think we are Gold members.
Old December 13th, 2001, 03:51 PM
Lady Jag

I think it is strange that all of us Gold Members have such different coupons. I'm wondering why and will call the Crown & Anchor Desk tomorrow to find out what their reasoning is for this.

You're right about the ships - the older they are, the less expensive it is to cruise on them. Even one year makes a big difference. Last summer in Alaska, the Radiance was going for a high premium. This year, it's right in the ballpark of all the other ships, with the exception of the new Star Princess, which is ofcourse, high.