Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2001, 05:52 PM
Pooh Bear

Default Parking at Port in Tampa???

Trying to find out about the cruise ship port in Tampa!

Want to book Rhapsody for Feb 9. Mardi Gras Cruise out of Tampa and would like to drive down from Ohio. Can someone tell me if there is secured parking nearby the ships' port?

Thanks in advance -

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2001, 11:04 PM
ciely

Default Re: Parking at Port in Tampa???

Y ou can park at the pier for $10 a day, paid in advance.We stayed at a hotel the night before we sailed, and the hotel allowed us to leave our cars there,free of charge.They had a free shuttle to the pier.Have fun!
Old December 9th, 2001, 01:46 PM
Pooh1Bear

Ciely:

Thanks for the prompt response - can you tell me what hotel you used? Was there much to do around the area?

Thanks again.
Pooh
Old December 10th, 2001, 04:34 AM
ciely

Hi again! We stayed at the Hampton Inn on Rocky Point Drive.The shuttle from the hotel to the pier was about a 15 minute drive.I think we paid $69 for our room.There are several restaurant/bars within walking distance from the hotel.Our cruise was on Sept.16th, so the decision to drive from Phoenix to Tampa was made at the last minute.By the time we got to the hotel, it was late, and we didn't have time to check out what was available in the area.I am sure if you do a search on the Tampa area, you will find a lot of things to do if you have free time to spend there.I do know that the Florida Aquarium is right across the street from the pier.Good luck!
Ceily