Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2001, 12:45 AM
First Mate

Default SOS Christmas cruise 2001

I know this subject has been hashed and rehashed many times but here goes--we would like to take champagne aboard especially since it is a Christmas cruise-What do you think my chances are-?? On my previous cruise I had wine in plastic bottles and packed in my luggage- but the champagne would lose its fizz if packed that way--I was on HAL recently and they permit you bringing your own--no problem--
We enjoy having a drink in the cabin while getting ready for dinner and as a nightcap--
I wish RCI would change its policy on this issue--
Another question what are the "C" cabins on deck 10 on the SOS like?? I know there aren't any balconies on this ship tho'I hope they are larger and more storage than the standards--Thanx--
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: SOS Christmas cruise 2001

Royal Caribbean is one of the lines that's strict about bringing booze onboard I would risk putting some plastic bottles of booze in your check in luggage, but I can't imagine champagne packed in plastic! Buy one bottle for your celebration when you're onboard.

Carole
Old December 20th, 2001, 01:20 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have heard the rumors, but for what it's worth -- this is from the RCCL website. It seems to me like it's totally okay as long as you pay them the $8.00 per bottle corkage fee if you drink it in their restaurants. I think there is no fee if you drink it in your stateroom. If you drink nice champagne, this is probably much less than it would cost you to buy it from them.

www.rccl.com:
For those guests who bring wine and champagne to celebrate a special occasion onboard, these products will be tagged and stored by our personnel, and delivered to the guest stateroom or their dining venue, as per their request. If these special wines or champagnes are consumed in our dining room or specialty restaurants, or in the Windjammer Cafe for casual dining, a corkage fee of $8 per bottle will apply.
Old December 20th, 2001, 05:29 PM
First Mate

At the risk of getting reamed by those that think it is tacky to bring your own liquor on board (as I did one other time) - I took a bottle on board SOS in November in my packed luggage & had no problem. I padded it well between clothes & prayed it didn't break (it didn't). You can also put the bottle in a large ziplock (I think you can get them that big) in case of breakage. Have a great time.