thinking of booking on Legend of the Seas 3/2/03 for New Zealand to Hawaii cruise which departs on a Sunday. We live in New Jersey and will most likely fly out of JFK airport in NY. Anyone know what day RCCL will book our flight to get us to New Zealand on the morning of 3/2/03? I have to plan my vacation for work soon for that timeframe. Thanks for any help!
What you need to do is call your travel agent and ask for an Air Deviation. This normally runs about $35-$50 a person plus extra .......if the flights you want is more than the cruiseline is willing to pay.
But by doing this - you can pick your flights or have an idea what your flights are the day your TA calls. You won't have to wait until possibly February to find out.
What I would strongly recommend is that you fly in the day before! This will alleviate any worries about flight delays (and boy do they occur) and missing the boat. This will also allow you to get caught up on the jet lag before you hit the ship so that you will be rested once your cruise starts.
Very good advice from Theresa. This is clearly a question that only your TA or RCI can answer. Check out your flight options and if you find one that is exceptionally favorable, have your TA request air deviation. There's no guarantee that the flight isn't the one they might have booked you on anyway, but knowing in advance that you have the best possible flight arrangements and the peace of mind that may bring you is worth the air deviation fee, and may even be worth any extra airfare involved.
I totally agree; do some research on line. Find the best direct or flight(s) that will work best for you - multi-city option. Get the cost, too. Contact your TA, and have her contact RCI to request what a deviation will cost you for those flights = fee plus any additional, then you can decide if you wish to go in a day early and what it will cost you or what flights that they would put you on. If it is only $100 plus an overnight room, that may be a good deal to take advantage of. Arriving on the day of embarkation, can be very exhausting.
Hope to see you on board. We just booked Auckland-Hawaii, March 2, 2003 sailing. We're leaving two days early - air deviation - plan on staying at New Zealand Hilton and two or three nights in Hawaii. Also we want to fly Air New Zealand from LAX. We'll be flying from MI.