Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Angela Paradise

Default Explorer and Dinner Time Selections

Hi,
My name is Angela and in March, my boyfriend and I will be traveling on the Explorer of the Seas. I have to decide which dinner seating we want (1st or 2nd) and I want to get some opinions. I wouldnt really mind either, but I am afraid that the 2nd may interfere with some shows, specifically the ice show which i really want to see. But if the 2nd seating doesnt interfere w/ the ice show, then its fine. IF you could let me know Id really appreciate it. Thanks!!
Email: angelaparadise@hotmail.com
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Explorer and Dinner Time Selections

There are always 2 shows, one for each dinner seating, so you should never miss a show because of dinner. We have had both seating times, but we prefer the early seating. Although we weren't starved by 6:15, we didn't like eating at the later seating because we didn't finish dinner until 10:45pm and we were too stuffed to want to do anything but go back to the cabin and POP! With the early dinner, we could go back to the cabin and relax, and still have time to explore the ship at night.

Have fun!
Old January 4th, 2002, 07:56 PM
BillG

Seatings won't interfere with ice show (definitely not something you want to miss) or other production shows and activities. We were on her in October, saw the 7pm show and had dinner at 8:30 (late seating). Explorer is fantastic. Enjoy
Old January 4th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Passenger

We are also going on the explorer in march, we prefer early seating, this way you have the rest of the evening to do as you please. If for some reason you should get hungery they have service all night long. Was on the voyager last year, this is the sister ship, absolutley loved it, best time ever, like being in paradise.
Old January 5th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Seatravelers

The time you eat is really personal preference, but from our experiences we like the later seating. Here's why.Sailing from ports is usually around 5 or 6 pm. We didn't like being rushed to get back and be dressed for a 6:15 dinner. If you plan to spend time off the ships with excursions, shopping, water sports, then think about the time you eat. We much prefer to get back to the ship, watch the sail away on the balcony or upstairs, have a drink and relax - then get ready to eat. It is very relaxing to us. But again, it is personal preference.You will NOT miss any shows due to a meal time. They provide times to accommodate both dinner times.
Godd luck deciding, and Happy Sailing......
Seatravelers
Old January 5th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

Hi -- you are going to love this ship! My husband and I went with another couple last April. We signed up for early dining but after a day quickly decided that there was too much to do and we weren't ready to start getting ready for dinner at 5:00 pm. We were able to get it change to late seating and were MUCH happier. We had no trouble seeing any of the shows because they are offered at several different times. One hint: we waited until the last ice show and were able to get front row seats. It was a great show. Go for late seating. You'll be happy. We are going again this April and are getting early seating but only because we are going to have our children with us. Have a great time.
Old January 7th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

I still haven't made up my mind which seating I like better, there are pros and cons to both. I like early seating because I don't care to eat such a heavy meal at 8:30! But I also like late seating because I hate to rush back from the ports and be ready for dinner at 6! Much more relaxing, plus if you like to watch the sunset, you won't miss it if you're eating at 6. Decisions, Decisions, I had early seating on my recent Explorer cruise, next time I think I'm going to choose late!