Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2002, 10:13 PM
First Mate

Default Majesty 3-Night

Hello,

I'm sailing on Majesty for the third time (5/24/02), but never on her for a three night cruise. Both previous cruises were on her when she was doing the seven day Western Caribbean. Has anyone been on Majesty since she was re-positioned to the Bahamas? Do you know if the three night cruise has a formal evening? Or is it all casual? I heard a while back that she was refurbished as well, last I sailed on her was in 1996.

Thanks,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2002, 08:26 AM
worktocruise

Default Re: Majesty 3-Night

Steve,

I just spent 14 days on the Majesty over the holidays. She is still in very good condition. There are some dents on the corners of walls in the cabins, but that's to be expected. She is going into drydock the first part of April.

There is one formal night on the 3-day cruises...Saturday night. The other two are casual.

If you have other questions you can e-mail me at iwork2cruise@yahoo.com and I'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have. I'm planning to go again sometime in May, but not the 24th since it's Memorial Day weekend.
Old January 14th, 2002, 08:08 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the input on the formal night. I wasn't expecting a formal evening on such a short cruise. I'm happy to hear she's going to be refurbished prior to my sailing, the first time I sailed on her it was her 11th cruise, she was beautiful.

Steve
Old January 21st, 2002, 03:10 PM
PR

We sailed on Majesty back in July of 2000 and in answer to your question about formal dining. Yes...they have formal evenings but the people we saw weren't dressed to "the hilt". A simple jacket and tie would suffice and a dress for your wife or girlfriend would be quite adequate. Of course, you always have the people who outdo it, but for us comfort was the going style.

The cruise was wonderful and our accommodations (on the 8th deck) were small but good enough. We had a queen sized bed that was kept that way all day.

If you snorkel or go onto the Cay, go early to reserve yourself a chair or you will be out of luck. We went in July and it was hot, hot, hot and shade was hard to find along the beach. Also, there were at least 100 snorkelers besides us which I didn't appreciate and the fish we saw were few and far between.

The Straw Market was burned down this summer in Nassau and I am wondering if they rebuilt it yet.

Have a wonderful trip. We are trying to decide if we want to cruise again in April or something else. How was the 7 day trip? Did you go the Southern route or Western route? Would like information if you can give it.

Pat Roos