Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Maggi

Default Enchantment and young children

My husband and I are traveling on Enchantment in March with our 3 sons, age 7,5 and 2. I've read the info on the children's program but I'm wondering if anyone has any comments. I know our 2 year old is out but I'm hoping the older 2 will enjoy the program. I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Enchantment and young children

The kids program is excellent. There is a beautiful kids room and the staff have all got degrees in early child ed, rec and leisure, child pschology. etc. and they have tons of personality. The kids program is open most of the day and you can even have them eat with the kids staff. After 10pm there is a charge ($5/hour ). You will get a pager when you leave the 5 year old. They play great games and have activites such as a pirate parade, slumber party where they paint their own pillow cases, crafts, etc. etc. The kids also really enjoy meeting other kids.
Let me know it you have any other questions.
Old January 18th, 2002, 10:16 AM
worktocruise

I have no children, but heard an interesting comment from some parents when I was cruising on the Majesty over the holidays. They said: "RCI's children's program is better than Disney's!" I've never heard any negative comments of Royal Caribbean's children's programs. Enjoy your cruise!
Old January 18th, 2002, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

They should love it, but RCI's program is only for age 3 or above and potty trained. They do offer babysitting at a cost for the little one. We went on Carnival when my son was 2 since they had a program for smaller kids.

Mar
Old January 20th, 2002, 11:26 PM
SLPRESTON

We went on Enchantment of the Seas over Christmas with our 3 sons ages 12, 7 and 3. They had a wonderful time. the kids programs were excellent and the staff was very caring. My 7 year old especially loved the activities and got all kinds of great gifts for participating such as t-shirts,pillowcases,sunglasses etc. My 3 year old got a stuffed animal. My children loved Disney Wonder but they said they liked the kids activities on Enchantment better.