Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2002, 11:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grandeur 1st time- Mexico

My family and I are thinking about going to the Mexican Rivera on a 7day cruise on the Grandeur. My kids are 4 and 6. My husband has never been on a cruise. Is there a lot to do for the kids? Please write back with any insight for us! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Grandeur 1st time- Mexico

Hi Tracy,
I think both your kids will have lots to do, RCCL has a very good kids program, bet they will love it. Here is the basics of their program:

ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL "ADVENTURE OCEAN PROGRAM"

Ships: Adventure of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Majesty of the Seas, Monarch of the Seas, Nordic Empress, Radiance of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Splendor of the Seas, Viking Serenade, Vision of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas

Destinations: Caribbean, Bermuda, Bahamas, Mexico, Alaska, Europe, Hawaii, Australia/New Zealand, South America

Groups: Aquanauts 3 - 5; Explorers 6 - 8, Voyagers 9 -11, Navigators 12 - 14; Teens 15 - 17.

Counselors: Three to six per cruise.

Hours: For 3-11 year olds: 9:30 a.m.-Noon; 2-5 p.m.; 7-10 p.m. For 12-14 year olds: Times vary for day activities; evening hours 10 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. For 15-17 year olds: Times vary for day activities; evening hours 10 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Cool Teen Stuff: Teen discos/private clubs featured on all ships except Nordic Empress, Sovereign of the Seas, Viking Serenade. An Adventure Ocean Potion card allows children up to 18 to buy 12 non-alcoholic drinks, including mocktails, for $24.95 at the teen bar. Supervised activities are available on RCI's private islands, Labadee and CocoCay.

Parent Savers: Parents can leave their children at Adventure Ocean while they take shore excursions. For this purpose, the facilities open 30 minutes ahead of morning shore excursion departures. Group babysitting is available from 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. for $5 an hour per child. Individual babysitting offered from 8 a.m. to 2 a.m. for children six months to 10 years; fee is $8 per hour with a two-hour minimum. Cribs: Limited, request at booking time. On three nights during a seven-day cruise, children can eat with counselors from 6 to 7 p.m.

Not available: Strollers

Kids' Shore Excursions: Supervised activities available in Labadee and CocoCay, Royal Caribbean's private island.

Rates: Third- and fourth-passenger occupancy rates range from $449 to $999 and are applicable to children sharing a cabin with two adults.

Noteworthy Features: Adventure, Enchantment, Explorer, Grandeur, Legend, Radiance, Splendor, Vision, and Voyager of the Seas have the largest cabins in RCI's fleet, plus family suites. All ships offer Adventure Science, which is a fun, hands-on learning program.

Wow! Factor: On the Adventure, Explorer, Radiance and Voyager of the Seas, unique Send this Article to a Friend
kid-friendly activities include rock climbing, ice skating rink, basketball courts, roller-blading and a Johnny Rocket's concession at no extra cost. Extensive kids' pool and slide area (Adventure Beach) on Explorer, Voyager and Radiance of the Seas. Explorer of the Seas has an atmospheric and oceanographic lab where parents and children can tour and participate in interactive sessions with scientists aboard ship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just make sure to read through the cruise "compass" every evening to see what activities they will be having the following day, bet there will be things in there your husband may want to check out. Be sure to let us know how the family enjoyed cruising when you return, have fun, I know you all will :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 5th, 2002, 03:20 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default Re: Grandeur 1st time- Mexico

your kids will have great time ive been on about 120 rccl cruises my son who is 8 has been on about 50, he loves it!