Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Splendor of the Seas Questions

If you have been on the Splendor of the Seas I would appreciate any comments you may have about the ship. We just sailed our first cruise with RC on the Adventure. A couple of questions I had were:

Are there hot tubs in the Solarium (one of our favorite places on the Adventure) and what is the Splender of the Greens shown on the top deck plan?

The Splendor will have some sail dates later in the year from Houston which is where we live so it makes it easier and less expensive than flying somewhere else to start a cruise.

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2002, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Splendor of the Seas Questions

Dave, as best I can remember, yes, the Splendour does have at least one hot tub in the solarium. The Splendour of the Greens is an 18-hole miniature golf course, with the holes designed after 18 of the planet's most famous golf holes. Kind of a fun mini-course to play. One interesting tidbit of information is that the course is the second one to be installed on the Splendour. During her initial trans-Atlantic voyage, she encountered some pretty rough seas, and the original Splendour of the Greens slid off into the ocean. They had to put in a huried replacement. Hope this helps.
Old January 26th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Pooh Bear

We were on Splendor 12-day Medit. cruise in 2000. The previous year we were on her sister, Legend, for the 7-day Medit. Both ships were (at that time!) beautiful. I can't seem to remember if there are 1 or 2 hot tubs in the Solarium - but there is at least 1. Walked around the mini golf course - but didn't play (charged a fee if I remember correctly - not that it mattered - we are just not into golf )

In fact, the only thing I can remember clearly about the Solarium is the marvelous Greek buffet they served one night - it was beautiful. It was a night to remember.

Hope you enjoy your time on her as much as we did.

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Yeoman

Just wanted to let you know that out of my 12 cruises, the Splendour was the very best. Beautiful ship! The food was the best ever. If they serve bread pudding with warm vanilla sauce at lunch, be sure to try it. It was the main topic of conversation later that evening. People who didn't try it really were disappointed.

Also, the entertainment on this ship was super.

Have a wonderful cruise.