Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Tigger

Default The Brilliance of the Seas?

Has anyone sailed her and what did you think? Looking to sail on her in March or April of 2003.
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2002, 12:22 PM
BillG

Default Re: The Brilliance of the Seas?

She is still under construction and won't be sailing until this summer. We are booked on her for the transatlantic crossing from England to Boston next September. Brilliance will be sister ship to Radiance of the Seas and should have similar features. Looking forward to our trip to London followed by seven nights on Brilliance sailing home to Boston.
Old February 8th, 2002, 08:07 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark

brillance delayed but i can tell u from exp and i have traveled on about 280 cruises, that radiance, sister ship of brillance was the most beautiful i have ever been on, so..
Old February 8th, 2002, 11:11 AM
browezilla

Mark, can you compare it to the Voyager-class ships? I've seen many references where folks prefer Voyager, Explorer, Adventure over Radiance. Your well-travelled experience would be appreciated.

I just came of the Adventure, and it blew me away. I can't imagine an even better ship, but I sure like to try :-)
Old February 8th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Lorraine Sadler

We're on Brilliance 3 August--Scandinavia/Russia 12-night. She's replacing Rhapsody. Can't wait.
Old February 8th, 2002, 03:39 PM
BillG

Radiance and Brilliance are slightly larger than Vision Class ships and have a few unique features, but not as many as the Voyager Class. They do have a rock climbing wall, two alternative restaurants (Portofino and Chops) and a casual dining area (Seaview Cafe?) in addition to the Windjammer but no skating rink, Johnny Rockets, or Royal Promenade. A small movie theater, a sports bar, coffee bar & bookstore combo, and self-leveling billiard tables are other features. The solarium is especially attractive and like the Vision class ships and unlike the Eagle Class, the solarium has a retractable glass roof, which makes the ships great for cruise itineraries such as Alaska, or the Baltics. If you think Voyager, Explorer, or Adventure will be too big for you (we did until we experienced Explorer), but want a few more features than available on Vision class ships, Radiance or Brilliance might be perfect for you.
Old February 10th, 2002, 02:49 PM
Jan (NH)

We prefered the Radiance to the Adventure. Both are wonderful ships but we thought the Radiance was more like a ship and less like a floating hotel. Don't get me wrong, it's just a personal preference. We liked the Windjammer better because there was a nice outside section and we love to have breakfast as we are pulling into port. Also, the glass elevators that go outside are so nice, and the golf course is a little trickier. We never did find the movie theater!
On the Adventure we were crowded every time there was something going on in the Prominade. The Captains Cocktail Party was a mob scene, no dancing, just cheap champagne being passed around. Very few seats. On the other hand, the ice skating show was so nice. They do a great job. We thought the food in the dining room was better on the Radiance. This was probably because of the size of the place and the amount of people being served. For the first time on 9 Royal Caribbean cruises we actually got some pretty bad food (awful prime rib and some tough raviolis.)
One other very small thing. The Radiance is docked right at Old San Juan. The Adventure is miles away across the harbor. We like to explore OSJ.
Old February 11th, 2002, 10:11 AM
BillG

Jan - the movie theater was just forward of the sports bar. There was a door leading to a set of stairs which took you into a small movie theater. Checked out its location, but didn't want to spend part of my cruise in a darkened theater watching a movie I can see when I am back on land. On our transatlantic cruise, however, there might be an occasion where I would.
Old February 12th, 2002, 11:34 PM
Passenger

I just booked the Brilliance transatlantic also!!! My mom will be joining me on this cruise! I've cruised the Radiance twice. She is my favoriate ship -- to date! We've booked an E1 guarantee. We plan on spending almost a week in London prior to cruising and the night before the cruise in Hartwich!
Old March 4th, 2002, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Bill, what is the sports bar like? Cruising in December around Caribbean and would not mind picking up NFL playoff games.