Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default Sailing in November?

My family of 4 is considering,strongly, a cruise later this year. My 2 daughters (teenagers) are so busy in different activities that it looks like November will be the best month for us to go. Right now we are looking at Nov. 10th on Explorer of the Seas for 7 nights to the Western Carribean. I know that none of us can see into the future (weather wise) but have any of you sailed in November? What was the weather like? I want to go so bad that I don't care when it is! This will be our 1st cruise so we are very excited. June is the only other month that would work out but it would have to be next June before we could go & we don't want to wait until 2003. Also we are in Ohio and I want it to be cold here and warm there. So we can really enjoy it.
Thank you for any help you can give us.
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2002, 08:12 AM
seking

Default Re: Sailing in November?

Technically, hurricane season goes through the end of November, although November is not usually a real active hurricane month. We sailed on Enchantment over Thanksgiving (11/18-11/25), and we had absolutely perfect weather, sunny every day! Two weeks before our cruise however, there was a hurricane in the caribbean that significantly affected the area. So, I guess it boils down to you just never know! Chances are you will be fine, and I have read that if there is a hurricane, the cruiseline will change the itinerary of your ship if it will be a problem.
Old February 15th, 2002, 08:38 AM
First Mate

We sail mostly in late Novemebr, as was said, weather is great, the risk of a late season storm is always there, but so it is for at least 1/2 the year! Enjoy!

Dave
Old March 5th, 2002, 05:17 AM
Admiral

We often sail late Nov/early Dec and have always had hot sunny weather (apart from a few hours rain in Cozumel)