Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Biggest Daddy

Default Explorer Balcony #6328

Anyone know if this cabin-#6328 is a good selection, from the deck plans it is on the end of the " bubble" not sure what it is called, in the middle of the ship, I have heard higher floors have better balcony's? My t/a has been great and said they wil try to upgrade any strategy to upgrade? We are going on April 6th. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old February 12th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Mary Martin

Default Re: Explorer Balcony #6328

You can go on the following website to view your cabin.....
http://www.cruise411.com. I checked it out it looks pretty good to me. We sailed the Explorer last year and was on deck 10 in room number 1670 (Cat D1) two cabins from the end/looking towards the bow we would be on the left side. We absolutely loved it!! You really feel superior to the other ships when you're that high up. If you can move up I'd say go for it. We sail again on the Explorer March 2nd can't wait.
Happy sailing,
Mary
Old February 12th, 2002, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Daddy,
We too were a few cabins down from there and had a great cabin, I loved the location, so don't worry, it will be fine, fairly close to elevators and stairs, enjoy!

Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 13th, 2002, 08:08 AM
G8rCruiser

If you really want an extra treat have your TA check on 7388 or 7688. They are also DB, so the cost will be the same as 6328. The balcony is three times as deep and twice as wide (yes, six times the normal size for the same money). The view looks out the back and side. You will find yourself eating breakfast every morning there. We did on Voyager, Explorer, and Adventure. Are now booked for same room on Navigator. Can't wait.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old February 14th, 2002, 06:56 PM
TaraP

Would 1388 be the same thing? 6 times bigger? We are booked in the fall for our honeymoon.
Old February 15th, 2002, 07:03 AM
G8rCruiser

Balcony 1388 will be three times as deep as sides, though it will not be as wide as on deck seven. The extra width is lost due to the inward curvature of the ship as the decks go up. The biggest negative about 1388 is that it is directly below the Island Grill at deck eleven. Little privacy, as diners will see you on your balcony.
Old February 15th, 2002, 11:32 AM
First Mate

Actually, the balconies on 1388 and 1688 are fairly private. You can only be seen by the people in the Island Grille if they are right at the window, trying to look down at you and you happen to be right near your balcony rail. Unless you are standing right at the rail the most they will see is your feet from the end of your lounge chair.