Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Captain

Default enchantment/may 5

i am going on the enchantment on may 5th to western carribean
(cozmel,costa maya,grand cayman,keys).can anyone give details about ship,ports,shopping(best jewerly),shore excursions,best beaches for snokel and sun,and any other tips or info.i really appreciate it.thanks, louie
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2002, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: enchantment/may 5

Hi Lou,
You may be interesting in reading an Enchantment review from last month, should help with some of your questions:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/enchantment14.cfm>
Happy Cruising!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 24th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Passenger

Hi Lou,

I can answer a few of your questions. We just got back from the western route on Enchantment. If you like to snorkel contact Captain Marvin's in Grand Cayman and make a reservation, you can not do better. We booked the half day excursion to snorkel and Stingray City and it was the highlight of the trip. We had 12 people on our boat compared to the ships excursions of 50. They took us on a boat out to Coral Gardens then to the Coral reef for snorkeling. We saw fish, ray's, eels and lot's of colorful coral. Don't forget to bring a couple of underwater camera's. I wish I had brought another but the pictures turned out great! Then it was on the Stingay City and an awesome encounter with these gentle giants. Next time I will book the full day as I did not care for the shopping in Grand Cayman, too pricey. Cozumel was a better shopping port, though if your looking for something special, price it at home before you by so you know if it's a good deal. We spent the first half of the day at Chankanab National Park hiking the trails. It was interesting but I would not go again, just not enough there to see twice. Any others questions just ask, I'll be happy to answer what I can. Bon Voyage.
Old February 25th, 2002, 03:36 PM
First Mate

The Xcaret excursion in Cozumel is very nice... It has lagoons, and underground river, beach... swim with the dolphins, ect...

Lots of fun.

Costa Maya - not much to do. We did the jungle beach break, which wasn't all that great of a beach. At that port, they have two swimming pools and many shops; however, didn't spend much time there since we were at the beach. Probably should have just stayed around the port.

Grand Cayman was my favorite. Not much in the shopping area and kind of expensive. But we ate at a place called rackems - sat outside on the ocean with a view of our ship. Then went further down by taxi to a resturant on Seven Mile Beach. That's a great beach. Very pretty.

Key west - great for shopping and just walking around.