Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Passenger

Default explorer vs. adventure vs. voyager

What are the main differences between these three ships as far as decor. Is one more elegant or more "dramatic" than than the others (I know it's all relative). In browsing pics on different sites it looked as if the Adventure is more elaborately decorated, i.e. grand staircase going to some lounge, diningroom with chandelier as opposed to starburst ceiling, etc. We are holding a booking on Explorer because we prefer that itinerary, but want the "best" of the three ships. I don't want to sacrifice itinerary for decor, but I DO want a ship that will "wow" me.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: explorer vs. adventure vs. voyager

Hi Lynn,
I don't think you will be disappointed at all with Explorer, the interior is very impressive, at least is was to me, loved the cabin, decor and layout, much artwork throughout the entire ship and I also liked the itinary.

Have Fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 25th, 2002, 09:35 PM
First Mate

Believe me, the Exp. will not disappoint you. We were first-timers last month, so I can't compare Exp. with the others. We were wowed by every facet of the decor, food, service, activities, and nice fellow passengers. We are planning to take Exp. to the W. Carib. next year and eventually try the other RCI mega-ships. We asked our TA to choose for us, because we had no idea what was what. She really came through for us and we are hooked! If you want to see Exp. menus go to www.qwikfyx.com/explorer2/ . I printed them out to add to my album. Happy Cruising!
Old February 25th, 2002, 10:20 PM
Passenger

i have been on the voyager and the adventure basically same ship. you will have a wonderful time on which ever of the 3 you choose.
airfare is the biggest thing with the adventure. also there was a lot of puerto ricans on our cruise on the adventure..they seem to take over the disco and if you didn't like salsa music you were out of luck. I'm going on the explorer on april 26 and can't wait. I love this class of ship so much to do on the ship..and Johnny Rockets to boot.
Old February 26th, 2002, 01:02 PM
browezilla

I was on the Adventure in late January. The ship is awesome. The previous comment about Spanish speaking guests and salsa music is pretty accurate. I don't know if this is because RCCL lowered local prices to fill the ship or not, but it was definitely the most "latin-oriented" cruise we had been on. It wasn't a problem, but there were a couple of nights where the Disco was "latin themed" and/or other lounges were "latin-themed". On a positive note, the Promenade parade was Carnivale-like and it was great. I would guess that maybe 40% of the guests were Spanish speaking. I actually enjoyed that, as I like other cultures, but some may find it too unfamiliar. Keep in mind that this ship holds 3500 guests, so there are a large number of English speaking guests too. Everything I've read says the ships are almost identical, so I would pick the itinerary that you like the best.