Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Delinda

Default upgrade or change ship?

Hi everyone!
My fiance and I are sailing on the Enchantment 5/12/02 for our honeymoon. We have a category H cabin and would like to upgrade to a balcony. We called our travel agent and she said it would cost $370, BUT if we wanted to leave a day early and go on the Explorer it would only cost $100 more to get our balcony (both are 7 night cruises). The question is this, what time do you have to be at the port to board? For our Enchantment sailing we are arriving a day early, so it's not a concern. However if we were to change to the Explorer we would have to fly to Ft Lauderdale and board the same day, I'm afraid we'd be cutting it very close-plus we are getting married the night before. Additionally there would be fees involved with changing airline tickets, we probably wouldnt save any money by changing to the Explorer. This is our 1st cruise and we are very excited! Any thoughts or comments would be very much appreciated!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Robocop

Default Re: upgrade or change ship?

Delinda,
In my opinion the Explorer is a nicer ship and the balcony is definately very nice to have and will be much larger, including the actual room. The Explorer also has much more to do than the Enchantment and I feel overall it is a much better ship and choice for you. Now on the flip side, I didn't care much for the Explorers route and times in port so you may wish to consider that in your choice. Additionally you do need to take into consideration the sailing time and time of your arrival in Ft Lauderdale as well as the cost of the shuttle.It will take you as long as an hour to get fromFt Lauderdale to the Miami pier depending on the traffic as it is about 25 miles or so. Good luck and I am sure that no matter what you deciede you will have a wonderful wedding to remember.
Jim
Old February 26th, 2002, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I'll think I'll have to disagree with Jim on this one. Not that the Explorer isn't a great ship, but with the $ to change air, it won't be any cheaper, and removes the advantage of arriving a day early, sparing any anxiety about getting there... plus a night to enjoy Florida before boarding.. which extends the honeymoon by a night <G>

Enchantment is an excellent size ship as well, with a great layout.
If you're looking at a Category D on the Enchantment you certainly won't find it any smaller than the Explorer cabins. They are great cabins!

Have a wonderful and romantic honeymoon on whichever ship you choose.

Regards,
Kuki
Old February 27th, 2002, 12:43 PM
Delinda

Thanks everyone for your replies! We have decided to stay on the Enchantment and upgrade to a balcony (cat D). We wouldnt have saved any $, plus it would have been much more of a travel headache at a time when we really don't want to have to deal with that! My fiance and I both fly for a living, and know firsthand about flight delays & cancellations @ the last minute! We decided that leaving the day prior and upgrading our cabin on the Enchantment would be easier and more relaxed. We'll book the Explorer the next time! Meanwhile we really can't wait for our cruise on the Enchantment!
Old February 27th, 2002, 05:06 PM
Allan

A wise choice
Old March 1st, 2002, 06:54 AM
Reina

Delinda,
i assume you are traveling on sunday for the cruise, so why not check into the voyager, it sails sundays from miami, you can still go to ft. laud. and take a transfer if you need from RC, i havent looked at the book , but if the Enchantment sails on sun. too, then you really dont have much problems, you'll love the voyager class ships, especially for your honeymoon, go for it either way, i have done several of them , just got off the adventure so please feel free to email me for more info, willing to help out and CONGRATS !!!!!

REINA AND MIKE