Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2002, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Default guaranteed category or specific room

Is it better to get a guaranteed category and hope to get upgraded or reserve a specific room. Does Royal Caribbean upgrade if you reserve a specific room ???
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2002, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: guaranteed category or specific room

Sue, its always best to book what you will be happy with. Then if an upgrade comes along ..good.......if not good too. Remember, the majority of cruisers don't get a free upgrade.
Old March 2nd, 2002, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sue,
What Rick said is true, if you want a specific cabin, then book that cabin, if you really don't care that much, just book a catagory guarantee, but book the catagory you will be happy with, if no upgrade is given. You are a bit more likely to get an upgrade by booking a guarantee, but that is not a guarantee of an upgrade. So far, we've booked guarantee cabins twice and not an upgrade yet

Good luck and happy cruising!

Tuesday Chat HOst
Old March 3rd, 2002, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Thanks for yur advice, i have booked a balcony on the port since we will be sailing the southern route in Alaska.

Sue
Old March 3rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
browezilla

With booking a specific room, you get that room. I always book "guarantee". I've been fortunate. I got bumped from lowest inside to an outside window on Celebrity, on RCI I've gotten a 2 cat bump and a 4 cat bump, on Princess 2 cat... However, usually I get bumped to the front or rear of the ship. These areas will feel more ship movement than dead center ship. BUT ALWAYS, book what you will be happy with, don't book below what you will be happy with...and also, a bump isn't a sure thing. Don't go into it expecting a bump, and then be disappointed if you don't get it and let that color your cruise negatively. I look at it all as "gravy", and I've been fortunate so far.