Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Scorpio

Default Radiance of the Seas?

Has anyone been or have any info. on the Radiance of the Seas?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2002, 04:00 PM
Leslie Mahoney

Default Re: Radiance of the Seas?

Scorpio - Was on Radiance in September of 2001 just after 9/11. No crowds due to those events. Radiance is lovely. Had a wonderful Cat D w/veranda cabin on deck 10. If you are a platinum crown and anchor member or are booked in a suite, there is a lovely concierge suite complete with wine/champ. and cocktails and nice munchies each evening before dinner and light breakfast in the morning. A special key should be in your suite or cabin when you arrive. If not there, see a purser. The entire ship is absolutely lovely with great views from just about everywhere. Captain Ringborn is charming and a lovely dinner partner if you get the opportunity (I did and was spoiled, spoiled, spoiled). Specialty resturants are good, but the main dining room satisfied me just fine. Neat lounges. Special effects piped in gunsmoke in bar (smelled like beef jerky to me). You will not be dissapointed. Will be booking cruise no. 30 on Radiance!!! Happy Sailing! Leslie
Old March 12th, 2002, 04:09 PM
Leslie Mahoney

Scorpio - Was on Radiance in September of 2001 just after 9/11. No crowds due to those events. Radiance is lovely. Had a wonderful Cat D w/veranda cabin on deck 10. If you are a platinum crown and anchor member or are booked in a suite, there is a lovely concierge suite complete with wine/champ. and cocktails and nice munchies each evening before dinner and light breakfast in the morning. A special key should be in your suite or cabin when you arrive. If not there, see a purser. The entire ship is absolutely lovely with great views from just about everywhere. Captain Ringborn is charming and a lovely dinner partner if you get the opportunity (I did and was spoiled, spoiled, spoiled). Specialty resturants are good, but the main dining room satisfied me just fine. Neat lounges. Special effects piped in gunsmoke in bar (smelled like beef jerky to me). You will not be dissapointed. Will be booking cruise no. 30 on Radiance!!! Happy Sailing! Leslie
Old March 12th, 2002, 09:22 PM
harborman

Take a look at older messages, go back a few pages look for Bart as the author date 2-23-02. Great review of Radiance and lots of great pictures.
Old March 13th, 2002, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Scorpio,
Here is a fairly recent review of Radiance, from last Nov., enjoy!

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/Radiance11.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old March 13th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Robocop

Scorpio,
Funny you should ask. <G> I will be traveling on the Radiance this Sat the 16th doing the Southern Caribbean and writing a complete review both as a generalized travel review and rating the ship as well as also doing a first person style review shortly thereafter. Stay tuned as it should be all up within 3 weeks at the most. I still have to write the reviews of the Carnival Spirit that I just got off of and of course take notes etc on the Radiance. I will also se what I can do about writing a comparison or what it is like to go from one ship on one line to another ship on another line in just a weeks time.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old March 13th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Radiance of the Seas?

Jim, we are just off a Carnival Cruise and sailing on the Radiance 4/6. Can't wait to read your reviews and comparisons.
Old March 16th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Passenger

We too are on the April 6 sailing from San Juan. I undersatood from this group that luggage, even if air is arranged through RCCL, must be claimed at the airport. Just got tickets and the instruction were identical to pre 9/11, i.e., to place the luggage tags on the luggage before flight and they would be sent directly to the ship. Does anyone know if this is a typo or the correct procedure.
Old March 19th, 2002, 11:34 AM
First Mate

We will be on the Radiance on 4/6 as well! Looking forward to the trip. Can't comment on
the luggage tags, as we'll be in San Juan for 2 days prior.
Old March 21st, 2002, 02:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have, it is a great trip, there is so much to do you can't get to it all! I went on the alaskan cruise, it was great. I enjoyed the ship so much that i'm going on a cruise to its sister ship (identical), The Brilliance of the Seas on 7/22,
It's a great ship, and if you have the time, you should definately go on it.
PS, other people wanted to know, that i think there are formal nights, but you don't HAVE to attend them,
Michael
Old March 24th, 2002, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Jerry,
That is incorrect information. DO NOT place your luggage tags on your bags until after you claim them in SJU. Take them off the conveyer belt and then place your Radiance tags on them. You can then give them to the RCCL staff member who will be standing right there collecting all the bags for transportation to the ship.
Jim

Old March 27th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Bobbie(Lady Jag)

We were also on the Radiance just a few weeks after 9/11 and couldn't have had a more wonderful experience! Everything - food, service, crew attitude, cabin, ship, and overall atmosphere was incredible. This was our 5th cruise and was by far the best!