Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2002, 07:37 AM
First Mate

Default Radiance

Got a friend going on Radiance out of San Juan. How is it? Any tips on what to do at her ports of call or info about the ship would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Libby
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2002, 10:04 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Radiance

Libby,
We just booked her after being cancelled from the Summit going into dry dock, so we are very interested in your reponses! Any word on whether the itinerary is changed?
Old March 22nd, 2002, 06:05 PM
lynda jones

Libby,

You didn't mention the date that your friend was sailing. We are going on the Radiance on 30 March 2002. Have you had any replies as yet. Let me know what date your friend goes and if it is after our cruise i will send you information on it.

Best wishes
Lynda and Keith
Old March 23rd, 2002, 08:53 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Radiance

I believe she had given me the same date you are sailing. The previous poster asked if the itenerary had changed. Why do you ask? Is their something you know about a possible change? Thanks for your response. Libby P.S. Does anyone know how the cruise director is on this ship?
Old March 24th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Libby, the CD is Gordon Whatman who is an Englishman and is the original CD for this ship joining her 6 weeks before sailing from Germany. Gordan has been with RCCL for 12 years and is one of the most active CD's on RCCL's staff. He will be out and about all day and actually participate in most of the activities personally. One of the very nice touches that Gordon does is to sit with the passengers on the last day in the lounge and have a question and answer session while waiting for the disembarking flights to be called. He also hold a 'Survivor' game that is quite good and lasts the entire cruise! The intinary will still be the same for the 30th but that is the last cruise to the Caribbean before sailing for Alaska. When you see Gordon, tell him you are a "Cruisemate", he is well aware of this website and I was just talking to him this last week. I am doing a review but it probably won't be finished before you leave for the cruise.
Jim