Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Default Rhapsody out of Galveston

We're thinking of doing a Thanksgiving Western Carib. cruise out of Galveston on the Rhapsody of the Seas. Since we live in Dallas, and the prices are awfully reasonable for that sailing, it sounds like the deal. Does anyone have any experience with this ship or itinerary? We love to dive, so Belize and Cozumel sound great! Would appreciate any input. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Rhapsody out of Galveston

Hi Rick,
When we cruised on Rhapsody she was doing a Southern itinary, so can't help you about sailing out of Texas, but since you are so close, sounds good to me. This ship is beautiful, we all had a great time, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 27th, 2002, 08:46 PM
Admiral

We're booked on the Rhapsody out of Galveston for Thanksgiving week. Having the port just an hour from my house was too good to pass up.
Old March 28th, 2002, 07:52 AM
cruz-b4

The Rhapsody is a beautiful ship, we sailed her in fall of 99 in Alaska.Out of the three rci ships we have been on we think this one has the best decor.
Old March 28th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Admiral

I found some pictures taken on the Rhapsody whan she was sailing out of Galveston last December. I think they were on the third or fourth page of the photo galleries.
Old March 28th, 2002, 10:31 AM
AJ

Rick,

I did the Thanksgiving sailing out of Galveston on Rhapsody last year. It was great we drove from Longview (east of you) the day before spent the night at the Hilton in Galveston. It was an easy drive (4 hours) and we had a great cruise. We just did an inside room for the 3 of us we are never in the room Cat K on main deck. No baked Alaska was my only disappointment since that falls on Thursday different menu for Thanksgiving. We took my 6 year old son and for being a holiday there really was not as many children as I would have expected he had a blast and had peanut butter & jelly for Thanksgiving dinner. We did not have Belize as a port they recently changed that this year we did Key West, Grand Cayman, Cozumel. Since you like to dive Key West has some great places if they are still going there. I lived in Florida for 27 years Key West has definately changed but they can never change the snorkeling & diving. My father in-law dives and he did Belize in February and Caymans he loved it. He is picky he was in oil and has dove all over the world.

I think you will like it and Galveston is so close to us you save on airfare.

Ann
Old March 28th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Jim Munkitrick

Any word on the itinerary?
I saw it with Belize, now see it with Key West, Cozumel and one other port on the Yucatan in Mexico....
We were inches away from booking until belize fell off the itinerary
Old March 28th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Rhapsody out of Galveston

The itinerary I got when I booked was Key West, Cozumel, and Belize City. That was about a week and a half ago and it's what was on the RCI website. I don't know if that has changed already or not.
Old March 28th, 2002, 01:51 PM
AJ

Belize is on the itinerary they recently added that and dropped the Caymans. Here is the itinerary.

Sun Galveston, Texas - 5:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue Key West, Florida 3:00 PM -

Wed Key West, Florida - 1:00 AM

Thu Belize City,Belize 9:00 AM 7:00 PM

Fri Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun Galveston, Texas 8:00 AM -
Old March 28th, 2002, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Since I've never been to Belize or Cayman, either one is great with me! I don't think diving will be a high priority at Key West for us!! Been there once and don't remember a whole lot!! This cruise is looking better and better. i-cruise has really good rates. At least $200-300 cheaper than RCI's website. My partner and I are thinking of taking his son and a friend. All 4 of us dive, so I'm sure we'll have a blast. Thanks everyone for the info! Oh yeah, one more thing....If they have 2 formal nights, are tuxes a little "over the top"? We tend to dress up and like that tradition. Thanks again!
Old March 28th, 2002, 04:14 PM
AJ

You will see everything from tuxes to dark suits what ever you want to do I saw both. I think you will really like it especially for the convenience of being so close to home. The kids will have a good time they have a really good program. They can earn cruise $$ they can purchase key chains, sunglasses, tee shirts, stuffed animals, hats, etc... by going to the kids program at the end of the cruise.
Old March 28th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Admiral

Thanks AJ, I forgot to mention that our son and his friend are 23....! I'm sure that they will have no problem finding fun! We are both 40 so it's no problem when we all get together to have a great time!!! I'm thinking of booking this cruise tonight....it sounds that good!
Old March 29th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Oh well, work always gets in the way!!!! Now it looks like we'll be doing this over New Years.