Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RCI verses Carnival

Which one do you like more?

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2002, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: RCI verses Carnival

Personally I prefer Carnival over RCI GENERALLY. I say generally because the differance isn't so great that I wouldn't book a CCL ship over a RCI ship if the intin and/or ship was one which I wished to do. Both lines are very good fits for me but we jut 'feel' at home onboard CCL and more like visitors on RCI. Hard to explain. I like the friendliness of CCL and the space and activities and food better but On RCL I think the service is better overall and the ships are more 'classy' but not as easy to get around on or as spacious. Each seems to have it better points over the other and often these points can and do change from ship to ship.
Jim

Old March 31st, 2002, 07:47 PM
Admiral

I perfer RCI over Carnival any day of the week. I've sailed on both cruise lines and I believe their is no comparison. Carnival is a quick trip for cheap, you get what you pay for. In my opinion, everything is very gaudie and blah. I don't believe the attention to detail and customer service is found on Carnival either. This is how'd I'd put it, if you're comfortable staying at the Holiday Inn, go on Carnival. Although, if you're more of a Hyatt/5-star hotel kind of person, chose RCI. RCI also boasts the world largest cruise ships with ammenities onboard that do not compare to Carnival in any way (i.e. golf, in-line skating, rock climbing, ice skating, johnny rockets, etc). You'll get top knoch service and the most value for your dollar on RCI.
Old April 1st, 2002, 09:23 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: RCI verses Carnival

Thanks Bill,
I have been on Carnival three times and am about to go on the Voyager of the Seas. I thank you for writting back to me. I look forword to comparing the two cruise lines!
Bon Voyage,
Cruiser

Old April 1st, 2002, 10:06 AM
browezilla

I prefer RCI greatly to CCL, but this is a bit of an apple and oranges comparison. Each cruise line specializes in certain aspects of cruising, e.g. fun, action, entertainment, food, service, shows, itinerary, elogance, etc. You just need to understand what each line/ship specializes in and then make your decision. Berlitz & Fodors have great books that critic the ships and the general "feel" of the ship/line.

In a nutshell, I think Carnival specializes in fun, action, entertainment, glitz. They are very good at this. Elegance is hard to find on their ships. I enjoy their cruises, but then I know what to expect.

RCI specializes in entertainment & service, closely followed by food & elegance. I kind of think of Carnival as the Holiday Inn of the Sea, and RCI as the Marriott.
Old April 1st, 2002, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: RCI verses Carnival

Right here at Cruisemates you also have the Ships Review area which gives anyone the overall picture of each and every ship and/or class of ship on each line and the line itself. These reviews will tell you the same, and hoperfully more information as Fedors and Berlitz and also give a rating and value for money. We do our own research and hopefully do a thorough job to provide the cruiser with as much info as they need to make an intelligent choice. The cruiser can then take that information and further research the ships and lines that interest them by checking the members reviews which are done by, and in the style of everyday cruisers like you and I.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old April 3rd, 2002, 02:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to shanden

Well, if you like kids running the ship go on Carnival. If you enjoy great upscale fun go on RCCL. I have done both. Like everyone said you can't compare the two but, Carnival push us in like cattle and RCCl didn't rush us at all and we were treated like Kings & Queens.

Do the Math,

Happy Sailing
Old April 4th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

RCI RCI RCI OH, DID I MENTION I LOVE RCI !!!!!!
To me it's like steak compaqred to hot dogs, if ya want a weiner go on Carnival, but if ya want a fine steak go on RCI
Old April 9th, 2002, 09:32 PM
Lillian Rodriguez

I prefer any other line than Carnival. I've been on 14 cruises, 3 of them on Carnival the last cruise on Carnival was the Carnival Destiny on December 2000 and it has been my worst cruise. The people were not friendly. I went on a 7 day trip and honestly I didn't knew what was the name of my waiter. I think that with 3 experiences on that line is ok. I've been on Carnival, Royal, Costa and Celebrity.
Old April 20th, 2002, 07:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: RCI verses Carnival

Thanks, I have also been on Carnival. Three Times, and I am going on the Voyager of the Seas in a month. I can't wait! I LOVE RCI!!!!!!!!!