Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Passenger

Default No More Free Sodas

Is it true that as of April 2nd, RCCL quit giving Soda free in the Dining Rooms.

I have also heard that the Children's Soda Cards Are NOT valid in the Dining Room

Can anyone clarify this?????
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2002, 10:10 AM
worktocruise

Default Re: No More Free Sodas

This issue has been discussed on another board. From what I read over thre, it seems that RCI IS charging for soda in the dining room. However, some people have stated that they do accept the soda cards (both children and adult) in the dining room.

It was also stated that RCI and Disney were about the only cruiselines NOT charging for sodas in the dining room. So it appears they are just following suit with what other cruiselines have been doing for quite sometime.

It's neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned. I seldom drank soda in the dining room and pretty much had water with my meals.
Old April 25th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Hapster

Lemonade and iced tea is free in the dining room fwiw.
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Passenger

According to the RCI website there is a charge for soda in the dining room of $1.25. However, it does state that lemonade, iced tea, and coffee are free.

Does anyone know if they charge for milk?? My daughter drinks like 3+ glasses per day.

Rhapsody
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: No More Free Sodas

Is this charge per drink or per night? Considering there are free refills in most restaurants I would think they will not charge per soda. Let's imagine this: $33 per drink card at over 3000 people on board....nice profit......Greedy I call it
Old April 29th, 2002, 10:34 AM
Lady Jag

I'm with you, Sue. This aggravates me. We drink a lot of Diet Coke and really liked cruising with RCI because of the free soft drinks. It makes me mad that they are doing this, but I knew it wouldn't be long before they jumped on the bandwagon with all the other cruise lines. ooohhhh---tea and lemonade! Wow - sounds delicious---haha.
Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:38 PM
Delores

I think this stinks! We're going on the Vision to Alaska in Sept. These cruise lines want to charge extra for almost everything they can think of.
Old May 19th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: No More Free Sodas

If fillet, lobster, juice, and milk can be included with meals...why not a glass of pop during dinner....I don't think any cruiseline should be charging extra during a meal. At the bar is maybe another story.
And all this extra charging must be a headache for the waiters.